Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1995 LT1 PCV

rebob202

Corvette
1995 LT1 coupe ... 1961 Basket Case
Car barely failed emissions and may need new cat or pcv. When I got replacement pcv listed, it didn't fit. Need "L" shaped pcv and listed was straight. Old part doesn't seem to be a pcv, just a plastic "L". I have until 19th to get it straightened out. Anyone found similar situation?

I went to a Chevy dealer, got an OEM PCV without a problem. I have a 94/95 LT1. (It was made later in 94). It looked like any other PCV I have used for years on all my cars, non-Vettes included. It was L shaped too.

I KNOW Auto Zone has 'em as well as Advance Auto.

What specifically failed in the emissions test?

Paul

By the way, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! There is so much experience here you will be amazed! And the people are VERY helpful and nice, right fellas?
:beer

Hey Thanks Paul ........ I got the pcv at Auto Zone and in fact, went back today to make sure it was the right part. I told the sales guy it needed to be "L" shaped and he insisted the one he gave me was right so I got my money back. Guess I'll mosey over to Chevy and pay twice the price!

You know, I do not know if it really makes a difference. Some of the other guys may know. As far as my opinion goes, I would think it would be L shaped so it would fit under the fuel rail. Dunno.

Paul

I try to buy OEM about 95% of the time. It's always better that way. And I have learned my lesson about Poly A frame bushings, I should have had them replaced with OEM because now my car sounds like a creaking three masted wooden schooner! But only when it is 30º or below outside. :eyerole

Good luck! :cool

Retested this morning and it passed with flying colors. Did not install a PCV valve. The piece in the passenger side valve cover, where a pcv would be installed, was NOT a pcv valve. Just a plastic "L". Only thing I did was install a new air filter. Well, I did crank it up pretty good on the way to the emission station. 113,000 + miles and it still cooks! Mobil 1 rules!

The PCV is under the driver's side fuel rail. The "L" you are talking about goes to the throttle body from the manifold.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom