Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 - Disable LTPWS warning light????

V

vettegirl

I purchased my 1996 coupe used with 29k miles. It did not have run flats on it when I bought it. The "Check LTPWS" light kept coming on, so I assumed I had a bad sensor. While purchasing tires yesterday, I found out there are no sensors in my wheels! Evidently the wheels had been switched with another car??? Anyway, I don't really care to purchase 4 new sensors - I am not running run flats and am willing to step out of the car to see if my tire is flat - Is there a way to disable the system so the warning light does not continue to come on???

Thanks!

You'll have to remove the DIC & remove the light bulb. Do you have the info necessary to do this?

No - is it extremely complicated???

Any info you have will be appreciated - or if you could point me to the info on the web??

Thanks-
Lauren:confused

you can also remove the fuse,but this will disable the cruise control

You will have to remove the console trim, or loosen it enough to get at the screws holding the
trim panel covering the radio & A/C. There is one screw under the
cup holder/ashtry & two under the capet at the aft end. You may also have to remove the center air outlet to get to the screw holding the top of the trim panel. After the trim is out of the way you shud be able to remove the DIC. Can't remember if I had to disconnect the DIC or if there was enough room to pull the buld as is.

The bulds you want to remove are the two on the top right. If your low/flat tire buld is not illuninated , I guess you can leave it alone. I would advise removing the neg. battery connection. I hope this helps a little.

I probaby missed something so if anyone wants to comment , please do.

Thanks for the info -

You've been extremely helpful! I'll let you know how it goes-

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom