Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 1996 LT4 for Sale

1996 LT4 Topic
Thanks gmjunkie!
Just my humble opinion, when it comes to a Corvette, it’s documentation and the car being in top OEM condition that will always make it easy to find a new home for it if need be.

B17Crew
:w
That's the way I like them!!:upthumbs

junk!!

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

Thank you all for viewing and the calls.

I know it’s going to come up so I will list it now.
I had to come down $300.00 from my asking to offset new B-Pillar weather-stripping.

B17Crew

B17 Crew.....I got to this thread late and am sorry to see you step out of the LT4 circle, hopefully only temporarily. I bought my first corvette this summer ('96 coupe, LT4 white/red w/28k miles) and your various posts were very helpful as I came up to speed on detailing and other specifics.

Did you sell your '96 service manuals with the car? I need the set and would buy them from you if they're available. Do you have anything else that didn't go with the car that I might be interested in?

My email is scmedtest@aol.com. Thanks. I hope you'll stay on the C4 forum as you've got plenty to contribute with or without a car.

Did you sell your '96 service manuals with the car? I need the set and would buy them from you if they're available. Do you have anything else that didn't go with the car that I might be interested in?

My email is scmedtest@aol.com. Thanks. I hope you'll stay on the C4 forum as you've got plenty to contribute with or without a car.

Boeingdriver
Thank you for the kind words, I’m glad I was able to be of help to a fellow C4’er. :)

I will be back in the C4 crowd. I have some saving to do before I can realize the purchase of the kind of ZR-1 I’m after. If it gets to be too long, I just may jump into a LT4 vert, but I still have to wait for work to calm down and more people are hired. I have a real soft spot for the C4 generation, so I will be back. In the meantime, I will still be participating here on the CAC.

I will be turning over all related manuals and paperwork to the new owner. I have the Service Manuals and cover going with the car too.

You may try ebay for some of the items you are in search of. I personally have not hunted for anything for my LT4 on ebay, but I have read about people finding what they have been searching for at a reasonable price there.

Best regards!
B17Crew

Ok, thanks. Don't be a stranger on the forum.

Regards,

I am glad to see you received close to what you wanted.

I am a bit inclined to liking the LT4s. (See signature! :L)

These Vettes are going to appreciate in value. One of the most advantageous features is the AWESOME amount of torque available from a standing start on up. The ZR-1s are great. Don't get me wrong. The LT4s are so much more driveable (liveable) around town.

SAVE THE :w

I am glad to see you received close to what you wanted.

I am a bit inclined to liking the LT4s. (See signature! :L)

These Vettes are going to appreciate in value. One of the most advantageous features is the AWESOME amount of torque available from a standing start on up. The ZR-1s are great. Don't get me wrong. The LT4s are so much more driveable (liveable) around town.

Thanks lt4man :beer

Mint condition LT4s are a hot commodity, I’m still amazed that it sold in 8 days (had a decent amount of calls). I was surprised at the number of people SEEKING a Polo Green LT4. I always hear people put the color down. The majority of the callers seeking this color were older gentlemen.

I think you’re right on the money when it comes to the LT4 being drivable around town. Due to the gobbs of torque they have down low they are a hoot to drive.

I stopped in Jack Maxton Chevrolet to inquire about a red Z coming in on trade. The salesman handling the car said I’d be happier with the LT4 because of their low end grunt. He said the Z is better suited for high speed “activities”. Seemed as if he was trying to talk me OUT of the ZR-1. The car never came in anyway, so that evaporated. Now, I will only buy from an original owner, a dealership can never provide you the background, paperwork, and history that the original owner can provide.

My long-term goal since 1990 has been to someday own a ZR-1, fell in love with the Z the first time I saw one back in 1990. Hope to land a ’92-’94, OEM, showroom condition, unaltered Z. I’d like a ’95, but they are pretty pricey these days and just beyond what I want to spend.

B17Crew

Now, I will only buy from an original owner, a dealership can never provide you the background, paperwork, and history that the original owner can provide.

B17Crew

Just a note: You are right about a dealership up to a point. They have no OBLIGATION to provide back-up documentation to you. The party who trades the Vette in might give all the documentation to the dealer. If the dealer provides it to the buyer (YOU) with the Vette, what's not to like? I would not take the dealer out of your search. I have traded 2 original C4s into dealerships. I gave ALL my paperwork to the dealer in both instances.

Just a note: You are right about a dealership up to a point. They have no OBLIGATION to provide back-up documentation to you. The party who trades the Vette in might give all the documentation to the dealer. If the dealer provides it to the buyer (YOU) with the Vette, what's not to like? I would not take the dealer out of your search. I have traded 2 original C4s into dealerships. I gave ALL my paperwork to the dealer in both instances.

I guess if the documnetation was up to snuff (as well as the car), I’d consider it. Lately, I’ve been finding that I like dealing with private owners, seems like I’ve been able to get a lot of good information/history from them.

Seems like ZR-1’s are hard to come by at Chevy dealers. Rogers in Florida has them in all of the time, I check the ZR-1 Registry often also. When the time comes, I want to be able to purchase locally so I can inspect the car. Hard for me to travel these days, unless it’s work related. :cry

B17Crew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom