Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 1996 LT4 for Sale

1996 LT4 Topic

B17Crew

Corvette
96 LT4 Polo Green/Light Beige Interior
1996 LT4 for Sale

Mileage: 52,149
Price: $19,000
Vin: 1G1YY2250T5119473
I can email pics if interested

I’m selling my LT4 because of being unable to literally spend time with it. Work has become quite demanding for sometime and I’ve been told that I’m going to be getting more responsibilities on top of everything I already do. So, I have decided to try to find a new home for my LT4.

About the LT4.
• Polo II Green Metallic exterior with Light Beige interior
• LT4 330 hp engine
• Six-Speed Manual Transmission
• FE1 Suspension
• Electronic Air Conditioning
• Delco/Bose Gold CD/Cassette
• Six-way power driver and passenger standard seats
• Dual Tops, body color and bronze transparent top. (the transparent top is in mint condition, I’ve never had it on the car once).
• New Goodyear Eagle GSC’s, they have 1,484 miles on them. These are the type of tires that the car came with new, not the original tires from ’96. I’ve been doing everything I can to keep the car OEM.
• Completely stock and unmodified all but for a K&N air filter
• Mileage is 52,149
• Original Sticker price was $42,224.00

I have EXTENSIVE documentation on the car. I’m the second owner since 1998. Window sticker and build sheet come with car. The car has no mechanical problems to the best of my knowledge, it is reliable and has been treated to a life of superb maintenance. Oil and filter changes were made at every 2,500 miles when it was my daily driver (DD). Radiator cleaned and flushed every year that it was my DD. Transmission fluid was changed regularly.

The CARFAX report I had gotten on the car before I bought it was clean.

Additional things that come with car.
• High quality car cover (approx $100-$125.00 value)
• 1996 factory service manuals ($150.00 value)

Things to note:
These are to the best of my knowledge the things to disclose.
1. Driver side B-Pillar weather stripping has about a 3.5” crack. It’s not deep and does not need replaced as of yet.
2. Minor stone chips on hood that are typical of the low hooded C4.
3. Passenger side front wheel. Outer most thin part of rim has scracth from a curb. Approximately 5” on the thinnest part of the outermost part of the thin rim lip.

Please inquire only if you are serious. Email me at b17design@columbus.rr.com, or call me during business hours from 8:30-5:00 pm (614)-784-0020 X 105. I’d prefer that if you are buying the car that you inspect the car in person, I want the new owner to be satisfied with their purchase.

Thank you for reading,
B17Crew
Anthony

Not saying the car is not worth it,but no one is going to pay that price!!! but good luck on the sale!!!

Thanks BLACKTALON, I agree with you.

I know I have the car priced high. I’m not in a position where I have to sell the car. All I can say is you get what you pay for, it has not one issue other than what I had disclosed. Documentation is extensive and maintenance has been exemplary. That’s why I’d like any interested parties to view the car in person.

Not that a dealer would get it, but if dealers are asking this much for a car like this, then my LT4 is a steal! (Scroll down to the black ’94 coupe)
http://www.diamondlot.com/bobmcdormanchev/corvette

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
B17Crew
:w

Thanks BLACKTALON, I agree with you.

I know I have the car priced high. I’m not in a position where I have to sell the car. All I can say is you get what you pay for, it has not one issue other than what I had disclosed. Documentation is extensive and maintenance has been exemplary. That’s why I’d like any interested parties to view the car in person.

Not that a dealer would get it, but if dealers are asking this much for a car like this, then my LT4 is a steal!
http://www.diamondlot.com/bobmcdormanchev/corvette

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
B17Crew
When the New Car Prices Go Up!!! So do the Nice Older Cars!!!!
Thats Just the way it is!!!! It's Called Inflation!!!
I Sold a NICE,Nice Red LT4 (with all the Books and Records,One Owner)a few weeks ago with 66,000 miles for $18,200. First person that took the Time to Look and Drive it way out here in the Boonies!!!! He had no Trade, I went down a Grand,He came up a Grand, and he left here SMILE'n Ear to Ear!!!!!!!!!!!
:upthumbs junk!!

When the New Car Prices Go Up!!! So do the Nice Older Cars!!!!
Thats Just the way it is!!!! It's Called Inflation!!!
I Sold a NICE,Nice Red LT4 (with all the Books and Records,One Owner)a few weeks ago with 66,000 miles for $18,200. First person that took the Time to Look and Drive it way out here in the Boonies!!!! He had no Trade, I went down a Grand,He came up a Grand, and he left here SMILE'n Ear to Ear!!!!!!!!!!!
:upthumbs junk!!

I’ve been keeping my eye on what local dealers have been listing their top condition C4’s at. I’ve seen clean, no problem 95 LT1’s in the 17k+ range, dealers seem to be selling them. For a few thousand more, I’d step up to the LT4, there is no comparison between the two engines stock for stock.

B17Crew

junk,
It was great talking on the phone with you, thanks for the input! :beer

Have a good one!
B17Crew

I’ve been keeping my eye on what local dealers have been listing their top condition C4’s at. I’ve seen clean, no problem 95 LT1’s in the 17k+ range, dealers seem to be selling them. For a few thousand more, I’d step up to the LT4, there is no comparison between the two engines stock for stock.

B17Crew
Thats the thing you could step up to a LS1 for that kinda loot!!!

The last 3 cars I have sold the first person to look and drive them bought them maybe not that day.They were used but in great shape the key word here is not abused.Thanks Kevin.

Respect your decision, but just because you don't get to spend alot of time driving the car is no reason to sell it. Think of the times when you do get to drive it. If you needed the money, I could see it. But.., if you're dead set on the sell, good luck.
Oh, and I disagree. You will get your asking amt. for the car. :w

The last 3 cars I have sold the first person to look and drive them bought them maybe not that day.They were used but in great shape the key word here is not abused.Thanks Kevin.

Hey Kevin,

That’s a big plus, seeing the car in person, a well taken care of car shows well and sells well.

B17Crew

Respect your decision, but just because you don't get to spend alot of time driving the car is no reason to sell it. Think of the times when you do get to drive it. If you needed the money, I could see it. But.., if you're dead set on the sell, good luck.
Oh, and I disagree. You will get your asking amt. for the car. :w

Thanks vee93.
I’d jump back into the Corvette world as soon as things slow down at work. With expansion and workload, freetime has become nonexistent. I’m not crazy about letting my car go, going on 9 years of owning this Corvette, I can’t help but feel attached to it.

Have an interested party in Pennsylvania, but he’d like to purchase in the spring, I perfectly understand that choice.

B17Crew

LS1-LT4-LS1-LT4-LS1-LT4......a little bit sideways maybe...

Thats the thing you could step up to a LS1 for that kinda loot!!!

Not so sure an LS1 is a step up from an LT4......both offer similar performance, but to start with there were only 6359 LT4's out there and at least 200,000 LS1's which makes the high reving LT4 a little more unusual (special perhaps?). Granted it is slightly older technology, but not much.

Or did you mean step up to a C5. Now that "could be" a step up. "Could be" I said....because.....I like the C5, however I much prefer the quality and look of the 96 interior. And I like the lines. And I prefer the driving position and feel. Others may disagree with me. I think the 96 is easy to maintain and fairly problem free and on mine I have not had a rattle or a squeak......and of course no column lock issues like the C5. Yes, the C5 is updated, newer technology, more refined, smoother, roomier, less body flex, etc. So, it's personal preference really. For most I guess the C5 is a step up, but a 1996 LT4 is a heck of a great Vette, there's not too many of them around, and best of all I get compliments on mine where ever I take it

I think B17Crew that the C4 evolved throughout its life and the 1996 model is probably the best of the bunch and the LT4 is a special one year only engine offering. From the sounds of the way you looked after your Vette I think if someone is looking for a good, well maintained LT4 then yours is the one.

There are less and less good ones around every year......so get as much money as you can.......the marketplace will dictate that.
Good Luck.
RG
p.s The LT1 engine by the way is another great engine....just ask any C4 owner who drives one.
p.s p.s B17Crew you've always been a great contributor to the CAC. I hope that continues when you are Vette-less.

Thank you for your kind words Roadster Guy.

I’ve always enjoyed and respected your posts. If I do sell, I will still be here on the CAC and eventually back into the seat of a Corvette.

I may be Corvetteless for a while, but when I come back, I will be looking at either a LT4 Vert or a ’92-’94 ZR-1, something either at or near show quality condition is what I will be after; I’ve got a strong passion for the C4 generation.

Work has become rather involved since we are growing, hopefully things will continue to be successful and I can put the monetary gains into the Vert or the Z in the future.

B17Crew

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!!

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

Thank you all for viewing and the calls.

I know it’s going to come up so I will list it now.
I had to come down $300.00 from my asking to offset new B-Pillar weather-stripping.

B17Crew

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

Thank you all for viewing and the calls.

I know it’s going to come up so I will list it now.
I had to come down $300.00 from my asking to offset new B-Pillar weather-stripping.

B17Crew
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
Told you, you weren't out of Line on the Price!!!
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

junk!!

thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
Told you, you wern't out of Line on the Price!!!
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

junk!!

Thanks gmjunkie!
Just my humble opinion, when it comes to a Corvette, it’s documentation and the car being in top OEM condition that will always make it easy to find a new home for it if need be.

Might be a while, but when work settles down, I will be able to conduct my search for a ’92-’94 show condition, unmolested, factory correct ZR-1.

B17Crew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom