Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1998 C5 Issue

Chick B.

Corvette
1998, coupe, white
Have a 1998 Vette that has less than 30K miles on it. Have been driving it refularly since I took it out of storage in late April. Drove it most of the day last Sunday. Got back in it that evening to go to dinner and it wouldn't fire. All gauges appear OK, reading as they should. Lights work, appears to be fine for battery. However, I have had it in the dealer for almost 1 week now and they cannot locate any the source of the problem. They did get it to start but it quits running shortly after it starts. Can't keep it running. Have mentioned ignition swirch issues on C5's to them but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Any ideas, suggestions?

Have a 1998 Vette that has less than 30K miles on it. Have been driving it refularly since I took it out of storage in late April. Drove it most of the day last Sunday. Got back in it that evening to go to dinner and it wouldn't fire. All gauges appear OK, reading as they should. Lights work, appears to be fine for battery. However, I have had it in the dealer for almost 1 week now and they cannot locate any the source of the problem. They did get it to start but it quits running shortly after it starts. Can't keep it running. Have mentioned ignition swirch issues on C5's to them but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Any ideas, suggestions?

A Tech 2 scanner might be able to pick up history codes to lead in the right direction. If it did act up on them they should know what is missing, fuel, spark, etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom