Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1998 conv. dual zone heater problem

jackb2

Corvette
1998 Convertible
Hi,I recently purchased a 1998 convertible with the dual zone climate control.The problem is when the heater is on,only cold air will come out the driver's side,no matter what temp. is selected and no matter what mode is selected-floor,dash vents or defroster.
The passenger side is fine and both sides are fine when the A.C. is used.The control panel lights up fine everywhere and on both driver's and passenger's side the temp. numbers will increase and decrease as selected.I looked under the dash to see if a duct door was not opening or closing but nothing was really visible.A check for codes was done with a Snap-on scanner for both current and history BCM,engine,trans.,and antilock codes and the only thing stored was a BCM history code B2723 Passenger Key Detection Circuit Open/Short but I don't see how that would apply.Has anyone had a similar problem?Thanks very much for any tips.

Thanks,I tried another Vette enthusiast's tip and it seems to have worked-I pulled up the codes on the DIC -it had a HVAC code BO367H,I cleared the code and could hear the servo motor cycle and test itself out as he said and now it works fine-the strange thing is,it now has 3 new HVAC codes BO361H,BO363H andBO441HC.I think I will leave well enough alone for now,thanks for your help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom