Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1st Customer to Participate in Corvette Engine Build Experience Today: 08/30/10

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster

Who: Todd Schnitt, syndicated talk show host based in Tampa, Florida.

What: Schnitt is the first customer to build the engine that will go into his 2011 Corvette ZR1 as part of a recently announced ordering option. Media are invited to attend while Schnitt builds his 638-horsepower, 6.2L supercharged V-8.

When: The build will begin at approximately 7 a.m. EDT and conclude about 1:30 p.m. EDT on Monday, Aug. 30. Media are invited to attend anytime during the build.

Appropriate footwear (low-heeled, fully closed) is required. For safety reasons, open-back, open-toe or high-heel shoes (over 1 inch) will not be permitted in the plant. Photography and video will be allowed. Interviews will be available.

Where:
Performance Build Center
30240 Oak Creek Drive
Wixom, Michigan 48393

GM Media

Corvette puts driver in power of engine

Don't confuse Todd Schnitt with your garden variety, weekend driveway mechanic. Schnitt's fifth Corvette will be unlike his first four -- or anybody else's, for that matter -- because he personally helped build the 638-horsepower supercharged small block engine for his 2011 ZR1.​

In the Performance Build Center in Wixom on Monday, Schnitt, who is radio host of the Tampa, Fla.-based syndicated MJ Morning Show, was the first to take up GM on its offer to build his own engine.

From Wixom, the engine goes to the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, Ky.

"To build my own engine is over the top," said Schnitt.

"When my dealer told me about the option it was like 'Of course, I'll do it, sign me up,' " Schnitt said in a statement issued by GM.

Schnitt, 44, said the experience "definitely makes my 'bucket list.' "

The optional Corvette Engine Build Experience has a suggested retail price of $5,800. According to Chevrolet's website, the ZR1 starts at $111,100

Schnitt was coached by one of the technicians who hand-build each Corvette Z06 LS7 7.0L engine.

But just in case Schnitt messed up, his cyber gray baby will be covered by GM's five-year / 100,000 mile warranty.

DN

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom