Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1st time i knew.....

Corvette
2004 z06
the first time I knew one day I would I own a vette was when I was 12 years old. my friend timmy from across the street dad had a 1960 roadster it was the prettiest blue i ever saw. we would play in it like we were racing. one day when i was about 16 years old it was sold and i never saw it again. well its 30 years later and now i have my own....anyway when did any of you know one day you would own a vette ???????

I can't remember that far back. ;)

Congrats on getting yours.

When I was 10 (this was in the late 1970's), I had a tennis instructor- a cute brunette in her early 20s, who drove a brand new white Corvette. To this day, I don't know for certain which made the greater impact on me- the tennis teacher or her car. I was in a Tuesday-Thursday summer tennis class, and I used to get there early just to watch her arrive in that car.

About a year later, this movie came out called "Corvette Summer." It had a pretty stupid plot, but I loved the car. That cinched it for me- I knew I was going to own one someday.

-Patrick

the first time I knew one day I would I own a vette was when I was 12 years old. my friend timmy from across the street dad had a 1960 roadster it was the prettiest blue i ever saw. we would play in it like we were racing. one day when i was about 16 years old it was sold and i never saw it again. well its 30 years later and now i have my own....anyway when did any of you know one day you would own a vette ???????

When I was about 10 years old, my uncle was dating the daughter of a salesman at the local Chevy dealership. The salesman had given my uncle a promo car collection which included several Corvette Midyear coupes and convertibles in various colors. He in turn gave me a couple of them.

We were both smitten! He married her and I vowed to one day own a Corvette! I'm happy to say we're both still living our dreams!

Welcome to the CAC!

:w Jane Ann

I always liked Corvettes but the "Route 66" TV series did it for me. Two guys in the early 60's (Martin Milner aka Tod Stiles and George Maharis aka Buz Murdock) traveling around the country in a Corvette taking on lifes adventures. Pretty good stories but who cared - how about those new vettes every season. Got my first new vette in 1965 (Glenn Green 396 roadster) and it's been non stop ever since.

Remo:cool

Good story! :)

For me, when I was 18... I love all cars but when you get bit by the Vette bug, it is in your blood! I doubt I will ever get rid of mine and it may be the only I ever have! The time was right when I got mine and you know how life changes and gets busier as you age, thus why I think it will stay with me.

Hey look I reached 100 posts! 100 quality posts, damn I am good! :D

For me, when I was 18... I love all cars but when you get bit by the Vette bug, it is in your blood! I doubt I will ever get rid of mine and it may be the only I ever have! The time was right when I got mine and you know how life changes and gets busier as you age, thus why I think it will stay with me.

Hey look I reached 100 posts! 100 qualtiy posts, damn I am good! :D

Wait a minute, ToolGuy... how did you get bit by the Vette bug? What happened when you were 18? We crave details, man! ;)

By the way, MsSchroder used to have a tradition of creating a little prize when someone hit 1,000 posts. You only have 900 more posts to go!
:D

-Patrick

Unfortunately Patrick it is not an exciting story! I took my Uncles 1973 to prom so that may have added to it. I also worked as a valet all through college at local country clubs and knocked other valets down when Vettes pulled up just to park them! Of course I used to park them all up front too. :)

Well you have to celebrate the little goals so 100 posts is a milestone! And yep on my way to 1,000! I will be a god then! ;worship

Wait a minute, ToolGuy... how did you get bit by the Vette bug? What happened when you were 18? We crave details, man! ;)

By the way, MsSchroder used to have a tradition of creating a little prize when someone hit 1,000 posts. You only have 900 more posts to go!
:D

-Patrick

Well you have to celebrate the little goals so 100 posts is a milestone! And yep on my way to 1,000! I will be a god then! ;worship

I'll tell you what, Toolguy- you celebrate your hundred post, and I'll celebrate my four thousandth. Just remember, it's about quality, not quantity.
:)

-Patrick

Hey look I reached 100 posts! 100 quality posts, damn I am good! :D

For me I was 17,had a 67 Mustang Conv. 289 4 speed,great car but my friend had a 63 split window vette! Not sure of the color name but it was a light green metalic...it was the first vette I ever drove and wanted one then and there. Well it only took 33 years for my first one and now I have my 04 Commemorative conv. which I hope to have till I die and leave to my son.

i wrecked my 59 impala 348 4 speed and dropped it off at the dealers body shop. a few days later i stopped by to see how things were going and they had just put a new 59 crown shaphire corvette with a hard top in the showroom. before i left i owned that 59 corvette and as they say "the rest is history"

Well, I should be getting close to 1000. I knew I wanted a Corvette in my early-thirties after giving up on motorcycle riding in the USA. The best motorcycle riding I ever did was in Europe and Germany in particular. Ah the autobahn.

patrick said:
By the way, MsSchroder used to have a tradition of creating a little prize when someone hit 1,000 posts.

I got the bug back sometime in the 60's as when my cousin stopped by in a silver split window. I was a couple of years away from legally driving. Dad took us for a spin and I was hooked. Took me many years to get my first and I still plan on procuring a split window before all is done.

I have always been a Hot Rodder (GM mostly) and liked sports cars best the Corvette was a dream from a young age; what got me going was the ride a friend took me on in has Dads 65 396-425. Being slammed back in the seat when he power-shifted into 2nd and feeling the front end rise, I can still remember it like it was yesterday. He got a new 67 427-390 (for his 18th birthday or something) and shortly afterwards I bought a used 60 with a 327-300 4 speed. It was almost 30 years before I was able to buy another.

When I was 6 and riding in my dads 69 Impala SS. He talked of the Corvette Club in Richmond and the corvette in general. My first model was of a 63 split window and I've been in love with that car ever since. My first wife didn't like corvettes, so I divorced her and bought my first vet. A very good trade off.....

When I was nine, my uncle came over with a brand new blue 67. I knew I would get a vette some day. I just didn't think it would take another 39 years.

My mom tells me that I was 4 years old - and she was pushing my brother in a stroller and I was walking along side when I stopped dead in my tracks. It was a red '57......and I said "What's that?" My mom told me it's a Corvette, and I've been in love with them ever since. Every year at the holidays, birthdays, later on Father's Day, whenever I was asked - "What do you want for (fill in the blank)?" I always answered a Corvette! Needless to say, over the years I got a lot of models, and pictures etc., but I knew someday.....

I was 49, watching the 50th Anniversary celebration in Nashville on TV. I had tears in my eyes thinking it would never happen for me. There had been a couple of times when I got close, but life got in the way. I was very jealous of these people owning and really enjoying my dream car. My wife knew what was happening, and told me - "Your time will come".

A couple of months later we refinanced our mortgage - our bills were really all paid up, and she told me that if I still wanted one - I should go get one. I was stunned...."REALLY?" So over the next few months I looked and got serious around Thanksgiving. I bought my dream car on the day after Thanksgiving in Chicago - and drove it home to Phoenix. I love it more today than I did the first time I saw it.

My license plate says it all...... (waited too long)

standard.jpg

I was 7. The neighbor accorss the street bought a brand new 63 roadster (red with a black top). That car was parked on the street in front of our house every day until we moved.

....Many years later, I bought my first one-a 75 roadster. Just bought my 3rd. Hope to have an older C3 again in the next few years.

I got the bug a long time ago. In 1965 by brother-in-law’s neighbor had a 63 split widow that he wanted to sell. I took it for a ride and I was hocked. Unfortunately my insurance company didn’t share my love for corvettes and they wouldn’t insure it so the deal fell through. After 36 years I finally bought my first one in 2001, a 1994 Green coupe. It was kind of a graduation present for me after my youngest graduated from college. After 5 years and 35K miles it was time for some serious work or a newer toy. My wife would much prefer cruising to having me spend all my free time in the garage working on a car, so it didn’t take much to convince her that we should go car shopping. I’m happy to say I just became the proud owner of a 2002 Quick Silver coupe with a mere 10K miles on it. Maybe someday I’ll be able to own a 63 split window.

John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom