Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1st time owner

95vetteconvt

I just bought my 1st Corvette. 95 convt. I am excited to learn about this car. Where can I find the production numbers with my options (i.e. 1 of xxxx) Thanks, Chad

I just bought my 1st Corvette. 95 convt. I am excited to learn about this car. Where can I find the production numbers with my options (i.e. 1 of xxxx) Thanks, Chad

should be a factory sticker under the storage doors in the storage compartment or under the center console lid. Welcome to CAC:w

Hi Chad and welcome to the :CAC

Congrats on your first Corvette!! There are a number of things which may interest you and assist with learning more about your C4.

Corvette Action Center | Tech Center I'd invite you to explore the links on that page... lots of interesting info there.

There's the Model Center with links to every model year since 1953.

The 1995 Model Center has links to photos, options, production numbers, service bulletins, etc.

The National Corvette Museum sells reproduction window stickers, reproduction build sheets and in some cases, original dealer brochures. Here's a link to that page: Click

This thread contains links to C4 owner's manuals in Adobe .pdf format in case you didn't get one when you purchased your C4: CAC | C4 General Discussion Forum | C4 Owner's Manual Links

As you can see, we're not just another Corvette website. :thumb

Happy reading!!
:wJane Ann

Congrats on your new to you Corvette. Tell us a little about it. Color, options, and what your favorite part about the Corvette is.

Oh, and don't forget to :w

First Corvette

Oh the memories I have of the first Corvette I ever drove. Lets go back to 1960 my dad bought a new 1960 vette and on the day he was to go and get it he was rushed into surgery for his appendix. Before he went to surgery he told me to go pick up the car for him. I drove to the dealer which was a few miles away to pick up the new car. When I got there they had it ready and waiting because my mother had called and told them I would be picking it up and had to get right back to the hospital.

The salesman gave me the usual instructions about the car and said for me to be careful because it was a high powered car and I could get in trouble if I was not careful. Being a young foolish kid I told him I was familiar on how to drive high powered cars.

Out in front of the dealer was a 4 lane road and I had to pull out of the dealers garage and make a left turn. I waited until the traffic cleared put it in gear and let out the clutch and pushed the accelerator the car leaped forward and I twisted the steering wheel left and did a 360 in the middle of the street with the smoke pouring off the tires and roared back into the dealers garage. You guessed it they all were standing there to watch me pull out and boy did I get a ribbing.

My dad and I went on to put 250K on that car in the next 15 years before he died.

And like others have already said welcome to the :CAC

:welcome from another first time buyer. Congrats on your ride. That new-found smile is now permanent. And you brought it to the right place on the web. Great people and information here. Welcome to the club and enjoy getting to know your new friend. I know she'll give you years of enjoyment. Mine sure does.

And remember to save the :w

Hi Chad and welcome to the :CAC

Congrats on your first Corvette!! There are a number of things which may interest you and assist with learning more about your C4.

Corvette Action Center | Tech Center I'd invite you to explore the links on that page... lots of interesting info there.

There's the Model Center with links to every model year since 1953.

The 1995 Model Center has links to photos, options, production numbers, service bulletins, etc.

The National Corvette Museum sells reproduction window stickers, reproduction build sheets and in some cases, original dealer brochures. Here's a link to that page: Click

This thread contains links to C4 owner's manuals in Adobe .pdf format in case you didn't get one when you purchased your C4: CAC | C4 General Discussion Forum | C4 Owner's Manual Links

As you can see, we're not just another Corvette website. :thumb

Happy reading!!
Hi Jane Ann, When I tried to go to the Owners Manual, you mention, I got 'page not found'. Do you know of another link ? Thanks......Roger......:w

Owners Manual

See if you can get to the owners manual with these instructions.

Just under the picture of the red C5 is the word Forums.
Click Forums and when it opens then click were it says 1984 - 1996
Now you will have the choice of going into General Discussion or Thechnical and Performance click on Tech & Perf. Now click on were it says NOTICE C4 Tech Center. Now you are looking for the words Owners manual which will be in the center box on the left had side. Click it and pick the model year for you car and you should be able to get the manual. If not it may be that you need to download an Adobe program to read. Good luck on getting this to work. In the C4 Tech Center you will find a library of interesting things you can learn about the Corvette.

Oop's I just realized that your model year owners manual was not at the site above. Follow Jane Ann's advice.

Hi Jane Ann, When I tried to go to the Owners Manual, you mention, I got 'page not found'. Do you know of another link ? Thanks......Roger......:w
I don't know what caused the broken link... sorry about that.

Here's a new link to the thread I mentioned: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/thread72323.html

Unfortunately, the only model years listed in that thread are 93-96 and the CAC Model center has them going back as far as 97. I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find O.M.'s for earlier models.

Buying your first Vette is similar to getting your first love but the Vette will stay around a lot longer and only give you fond memories

Congrats! Nice choice for a 1st Vette. Nothing handles like a C4 and that Lt1 motor has lots of go right out of the box. :upthumbs

Congratulations on your purchase.

This link probably will answer your question.....you enter your vin and it pops out the options your car came with and the 1 of xxxXx statistics.

Comprehensive GM VIN Decoder

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom