Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1st Time Vette Owner

C

carpenter

1st Time Vette Owner (1985)

Just got a 1985 vette and am looking for info. Trying to determine what colors it is and if I'm missing a piece of the instrument panel. The paint has faded but it looks like it's black (top 3/4 of the car) and silver. Looking for pictures (interior & exterior). Previous owner died about 10 years ago and car has been in a garage ever since. It's beautiful, just needs some paint and a couple of interior items replaced. Anyone have any pictures of a car resembling this one? Any info. is appreciated.

Thanks!
Linda

lcarpenter@hotmail.com

Linda ~ Welcome to The Covette Action Center Community ~

Sounds like you found a keeper ;)

There are couple of places here at CACC you wet your apeitite about the 1985. At the top of the page is a section called "Specifications" click on that and use the drop down menu and high light 1985 then enter. You'll see ALL kinds of production facts and option available and be able to tie this to your VIN and trim tag #'s .

Also we have a section called "Members' Rides" that has members photo's. You can go there and enter 1984 ~ 1996 and see some nice looking Corvette photo's.

These are just a couple of spots here at CACC that have great information. Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride ;)

Congratulations on what ought to be a really cool car. Just as an after thought... You might want to get a copy of the Corvette Black Book. Any issue after 1984 ought to be good ;)

It has the breakout of all the possible engine, trim, luxuries, paint, etc, by production numbers. It also has the vin ranges, etc.

Really a handy reference.

Take care,

Linda,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. You might want to look at our 1985 Specifications page and see if that helps you.

Though I can't help with pictures, Welcome to the forum, Linda, and congratulations on your new ride. :) Lots of information here..and I hope you find what you are looking for soon.

:w
Patti
PattiAndRedSig.jpg

Welcome To The Corvette Action Center carpenter!

I'm always glad to see another C4 join our ranks in this wonderful community of ours here at the Corvette Action Center. :upthumbs

As Rob pointed out already, check out our specs section, and if you don't find it there, check out my site; it's got a lot of information pertinent to the fourth generation overall, not just mine. ;)

Racer78 said:
Linda,
Acording to the "Corvette Black book there were no two tone black and silver 85s.
Keith

Ah, but there was silver on gray (code # 13/18) with 2,170 produced. And I believe that shade of gray is a dark gray. ;)

THANKS!!

Thanks for all of the "Welcomes" and all the info. Apparently, Rob is right...my car is gray and silver. The gray must be dark like a charcoal. Still looking for some interior pics. Any good sources for interior parts???

Will post a before and after later. Can't wait to fix it up and go on a road trip!!!

Thanks again!
Linda

Congrats, Linda and welcome to the CAC.
:upthumbs

-Guy

Congrats on the Vette and on your choice to join us here at the CAC. This it the best vette site on the planet - lots of friendly people and tons of information.

Welcome!:w

Re: THANKS!!

carpenter said:
Thanks for all of the "Welcomes" and all the info. Apparently, Rob is right...my car is gray and silver. The gray must be dark like a charcoal. Still looking for some interior pics. Any good sources for interior parts???

Will post a before and after later. Can't wait to fix it up and go on a road trip!!!

Thanks again!
Linda

Check the Corvette Action Center Photo Gallery .

nyernga said:
...and the other is to join our informative, helpful, humorous at times, pleasent (how am I doing moderators?) community.:D :D :D
Enjoy your new ride.

How politically correct of you:s.

- Eric

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom