Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2000 Coupe TPMS "Serv. Tire Mon. Sys"

Dbaker

Corvette
2000 Dark Metalic Blue Coupe
TPMS system quit working. When I start the car, "Serv. tire mon. sys., Check Tire Pressure & Service Vehicle Soon" appear. All messages go away after pressing "reset" 3 times. I've tried to complete the "Tire Training" But I am not able to get the last screen to appear in the proceedure. I turn the key to the "on" position, Press "reset" until "door ajar", and the 3 messages above disappear, then press "options" until a blank screen appears, then press "reset" until "FOB Traning" appears, then press "options" until "tire Training " appears, then press "reset" to get the training screen for he Lf Front To start the tpms training. The last screen does not appear when I press the "reset" button. Can anyone help me with this?

Welcome! :w

Well, you need a something to get the system to recognize the tire pressure sensor; a ring magnet is the best thing to use if you don't want to spend money on one of the fancy gizmos that your Chevy dealer would use. For that matter, most all tire retailers/installers should have the device that will reset the TPMS. You might pay a visit to a nearby merchant; they'll usually do it for free.

I suspect, however, that your tire pressure sensors may have reached the end of their life. They have finite lives, and must be replaced periodically. Sometimes they can be reset as they're on their way out; but eventually they all go the way of the do-do...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom