Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2000 headlights

Blu Cah

Corvette
2000 Navy Blue Coupe
I've determined that the nylon gear on my drivers side headlight is stripped, I was going to rotate it 180 degress, but when I got the motor disassembled, I saw that this fix was done in the past. I know this was supposed to be a temporary fix until I get the new brass gears that I ordered. I guess I'll just have to live with the noise until my brass gear kit arrives.

The question that I need answered is:

When I turn my headlight switch to the parking light position, are the headlights supposed to pop up and remain off until I place the switch in the headlight position? Or is this the way they work?

I know that if I turn the headlights completely on then back to parking light position, the headlights will go out and the doors will remain open. This I'm sure is normal.

On mine, the headlights do not pop up when I turn on the parking lights. When I turn the headlights off, but leave the parking lights on, the headlights stay up but turn off.

From the closed position, when you turn on your Parking lights your Headlights should not open.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom