Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2001 C5 Coupe problem

Nathan

Corvette
2001 coupe Magnetic Red
Has anyone ever experienced your car shut off when brake pedal is applied? If so how did you fix it?
Car has rough start up, Idles good, when brake pedal is applied engine chokes out and turns off.

I have already
changed spark plugs AC Delco Irridium
clean throttle body, air filter, and MAF
Brand New yellow top battery
Cleaned 3 grounding point areas under hood

The backstory
Several months ago went out for a ride and barley made it back home. The car all the sudden acted like it ran out of gas while I was driving. I barely made it home car kept cutting out the whole way. Now I can start it and sit inside while it’s running starts up every time with a quarter tank of gas inside the tank. When I step on the brake to put it in gear it dies all fuel is cut off.:confused:confused:confused

Any stored codes in the PCM?

All codes are History none current.
TCS BCM HVAC AOLDCM A1RDCM BORFA
C1214 B2583 B0338 B2282 B2283 C2100
C1277 B2284 B2285 C2105
C1295 B2263 C2110
B2265 C2115
U1000
U1255
U1064

Last edited:
Symptoms update
Car starts and idles, now when I turn the headlights switch on the engine dies the same way as when I press on the brake pedal.
Also when brake pedal is applied all lights in car get super bright. When pedal is released all lights go dim, and taillights are super dim.

It sounds like you have a ground/connection problem. Trace your positive and negative cables and make sure they are clean and tight at both ends. The cables should not be able to twist by hand after tightening.

Thank you. I will start at the box under the passenger side where I hear clicking coming from when I step on the brake.

Thank you. I will start at the box under the passenger side where I hear clicking coming from when I step on the brake.

And have your battery properly load tested with a carbon pile tester, even if new. This is critical.

Success after a couple days of troubleshooting and tearing my car apart. You where 100% correct it was a loose ground wire. The ground connection above the driver side rear tire. That ground wire was responsible for the fuel cutting out and lights acting crazy every time I hit the brakes.

LLC5 Thank you for taking your time to help me out I appreciate you. This problem was very humbling patience is of virtue when dealing with the Corvette. Thank you very much and have a nice day. :happyanim::thumb:beer:pat:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom