Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2001 headlight motor problem

strikercat

Corvette
1968 coupe,2001 convt
Replaced the right front turn signal bulb on this car using the manual headlight install wheel to gain access to the bulb. Since then,the right headlight motor continues to run after the headlight is all the way up or down making a lot of noise in the process.Any ideas much appreciated.

Well, whats done is done. But if it happens on the other side, just change the bulb with the headlights on (I changed the right front) only takes a few minutes.

I believe there is a way to get the headlights to stay open, yet not be turned on. If I remember correctly, turn the headlights on, then turn the switch back one stop to the parking lights position. The headlights will remain up, but not on. Then you can turn the key off and do whatever you need to do. I use this trick on occasion when I wash my car.

I raised my headlight manually and created the same problem... root cause, I had damaged the plastic gear (I probably turned it the wrong way at first) that moves the headlamp up and down. I removed the headlamp, as some had suggested during the repair, but in retrospect it would have been faster to just replace the gear with the headlamp on the car. Good luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom