Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2002 Z06 exhaust jingle

M

murph

Is anyone having this same noise coming from their Vette? A TSB appeared on the Edmunds site and the NHTSA site also. The summary states: component: exhaust system -Summary:concerns with exhaust system jingle noise. I have contacted Chevrolet and they state there is no TSB for the problem. If someone can direct me on this one it would be great.
Thanks,
Murph

HI there,
There is NOTHING in the GM technical data base yet, for a dealership to reference, as of today, 07-15-02.
This is a known condition throughout the Corvette community, and Corvette engineering has been working hard on it. I know the fix is just around the corner, so I would ask for your patience.
As soon as the bulletin number has been issued, Rob will install it in the database here for future reference.
Besttoyou, c4c5:hb

I hear that jingle noise all the time...

Not worried, however.... I'm GM will have a fix soon....

Whats wrong with the jingle noise? I think it gives the ZO6 a character apart from other cars when sitting at an idle. If this is the jingle you're talking about. But thats just MY opinion.
vettepilot

I have the same problem with my '02 Z06. My '01 didn't make that jingling noise. Everyone I've talked to says "exhaust jingle". Sounds more like a bottom end rattle to me. Mine goes in to the dealer again for this noise.

BTW, I'm new to the forum, so hello to all of you.

2k2Z06 said:
I have the same problem with my '02 Z06. My '01 didn't make that jingling noise. Everyone I've talked to says "exhaust jingle". Sounds more like a bottom end rattle to me. Mine goes in to the dealer again for this noise.

BTW, I'm new to the forum, so hello to all of you.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

Out of curiosity, where does the noise tend to come from? Back of the car, or front of the car? Does the "jingle" occur at certain rpms, or just when the car is idling or both?

FWIW, the 'jingle' noise is usually most noticeable in gear on deceleration with the windows down. At idle with the clutch in or out there are a number of tranny noises, some normal, some not. Some Z's have been reported to have cold piston slap.

I believe GM is supposed to be working on a jingle fix, but nothing has come down yet.

Rob, thanks for the welcome. The jingle I spoke of increases with the RPM's. It's not an overwhelming noise, but there none the less. Sounds like the 20 extra HP that GM got out of the 2002's is coming from the assiatance of Santa and his reindeer. As I said, I really think it's a bottom end noise (engine). Hell, I've only got 1400 miles on it. And none of them hard, was waiting until I get my 1st oil change at 1500 mi. And yes the noise sounds like it's coming from the engine.

HI there,
The exhaust jingle is exactly that, due resonance within the H pipe assembly, causing the condition.
A fix is on the way, and will be public soon.
Besttoall, c4c5:hb

When I had my 2002 Z06 the jingle was present some of the time.
My 2003 Z06 however does not have the jingle noise problem so far.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom