Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 6 speed

Corvette
2001 navy 'vert
greetings.

I'm in the market for a 2003 50th. I'm looking at a couple of cars with 7-8 thousand miles priced in the mid 30's... fair price?? Could someone explain to me about the skip gear shifting??

thanks!
Rod

The 'computer assisted gear shift' is a pain in the a... It forces you to shift from 1st to 4th under certain conditions (when you are driving easy--I think with less than 20% throttle) to improve gas mileage. It is easily and cheaply eliminated with aggressive driving all the time or a CAGS eliminator available from most of the major Corvette suppliers.

I haven't done much shopping or pricing lately but for a low mileage (under 10k miles) 2003 Anniversary Edition, I'd say high 20's to low 30's for a coupe and low to mid 30's for a convertible. And given the economy I'd say that it's likely a buyer's market.

IMO.
:wJane Ann

I haven't done much shopping or pricing lately but for a low mileage (under 10k miles) 2003 Anniversary Edition, I'd say high 20's to low 30's for a coupe and low to mid 30's for a convertible. And given the economy I'd say that it's likely a buyer's market.

IMO.
:wJane Ann
I'd say your purdy Darn Close Jane Ann!!:thumb:thumb
As far as the 6 sp.,I wouldn't have nothing but a 6 sp. in a C5!!
My personnel preference in a C4 is a Automatic, in a C3 I can go either way 4 sp or automatic!!:thumb The skip shift,you drive like it's supposed to be driven,it won't be a problem after the first week or you can put a CAGS eliminator on it yourself for about $35.!!
PS I get well over 30 MPG constantly in my 03 Z-51 on trips and about 26-28 in my Z06!!:Steer:lou:bu

That 30 mpg figure is for real! First time I saw the computer spit out those numbers I started to smack the dash.

Did the math with a pencil against the pump and twernt' lying! :)

That 30 mpg figure is for real! First time I saw the computer spit out those numbers I started to smack the dash.

Did the math with a pencil against the pump and twernt' lying! :)
How very well I know it's for real!!:thumb I've had people tell me I was full of sh*t because theres won't do it!!!:boogie:boogie:boogieAlls I gotta say is learn how to drive economy minded,Find that "Sweet Spot" and run with it!!:thumb :D:D:D
03 Z-51 6 sp. Cp
attachment.php

94 LT1 6sp. Cp.
attachment.php

How very well I know it's for real!!:thumb I've had people tell me I was full of sh*t because theres won't do it!!!:boogie:boogie:boogieAlls I gotta say is learn how to drive economy minded,Find that "Sweet Spot" and run with it!!:thumb :D:D:D
03 Z-51 6 sp. Cp
attachment.php

94 LT1 6sp. Cp.
attachment.php
Well I know for a fact that the passanger seat of your 03 is full of sh*t :boogie:boogie:boogie

Well I know for a fact that the passanger seat of your 03 is full of sh*t :boogie:boogie:boogie
Yeah,I never want to ride that ride again!!:puke
I didn't really mind the smell,but it burned the hell out of my eyes!!
:D:D:D

thanks guys and gals for the replys....now all i have to do is go find the 03 6speed that has my name on it! I'm looking for the anniversary model with a 6speed, LOW miles in the Minnesota area.

Rod

I purchased mine (convertible) last month. I also have a 90 with an automatic. My wife says its like digital vs analog, ... what does she know :rotfl. Anyway, I had to replace the reverse inhibit solinoid. I also added the cags eliminator. I have absolutely no regrets!!! Go for it!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom