Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 Information

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
This was passed on to me and I thought I'd post it here. I cannot confirm or deny the information so take it for what it's worth:

Engine: Coupe and convertible may see an increase in hp and torque, approximately 365hp/365 lb-ft. This horsepower increase would be achieved by using the same camshaft used in the 2002 LS6 engine as well the elimination of the pup converters, MAF screen deletion and 2002 Z06 air intake.
Colors: New for 2003: "Red Mist Metallic"
Z06: The 2003 Z06 may see another increase in horsepower. This increase would be achieved by head and computer software revisions and possibly a new throttle body design. Expect to see around 425hp/425 lb-ft of torque.
50th Anniversary: May see a 427 engine, "LS88" built by Lingenfelter Performance Engineering and possible outupt of 520 hp/520 lb-ft of torque. The engines would probably be built at LPE and shipped to the BG facility for installation on the line.

Again, I cannot confirm or deny the information so take it with a grain of salt. Basically, we should see some very exciting things coming for the Corvette in the next couple of years!

Thanks for the info Rob. It is very interesting. I wonder if it will happen. I'm sure GM is going to do something to get ready for the 50th anniversity. Can't wait to see.

• Admin
I agree. Again, the information is heresay and although I prefer not to post heresay....here, it does give us something to look forward to.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom