Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2004 Vette Debuted at Effingham Show

F

fasterthanu

I hope some of you members out there were at the Corvette show in Effingham, IL this weekend. Was going home from college for the weekend, passed over 100 vettes going to the show. Got a call from my dads friend Sunday night. GM had the first built Redesigned 2004 Vette there! They debuted it unannounced! 2 Other people I talked to that went to the show saw it. I hope some of you out there were at the show with cameras so I can get a glimpse of the beast. I heard it was similar to a classic design. Anybody out there attend and see it?

Hey first come first serve. Post them!!!! Email me, email me!!!

Was really excited to see the picture. Clicked on the URL, and got the message that I must be registered to view the photo. I clicked on the register button and got the message that I'm already registered. Hmmmmmmm....:confused

Does it look good? :)

:w
Patti

indeed it is...... oh well... cool color though... :cool

I think that is the Stingray III. It has the same Hood emblem.

'tis okay mane.... neat looking car - i have only seen it in person once... and that was years ago...

Geof

No reason to feel bad at all, it's this type of teamwork that everyone appreciates. I for one appreciate the fact that you were willing to take time out of your evening to post this so quickly. Maybe it's not the C6, but maybe next time someone hears rumblings of a C6 proto at a show (or on the street) they will snap a picture and post as you did.

nice picture though. And your right, the couple different people I know that went there also were told it was a c6....

Although, that Stingray III is a lot sharper than the drawings I've seen in like Motortrend and such. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them go that way... Hell, It is sporty, kinda went viper style, and don't forget lately a lot of concept cars became reality..... Viper, PT Loser, Thunderbird, and the Chevy SLR i believe its called..

For the record: this is the Stingray III concept car from back in the 1990s and not the C6.

It may not be the C6, but that car looks sharp! I would buy that in a heartbeat if the C6 looks like that!

IIRC the Stingray III was a design prototype back in 1992. It was being used as a study for the C5 way back when. I for one though wouldn't mind seeing it brought back out as possible inspiration for the C6. It sure looks better than the Nissan Z looking "special exclusive pictures" the auto magazines keep feeding us :)

Paul

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom