Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2004 Will Not Turn Over

spiral gray

Corvette
2004 Spiral Gray Metallic
My 2004 coupe started and ran perfect. Today, the engine will not turn over. When I turn the ignition switch, I get a click, click, click. I checked the battery, it is 100% charged. Where do I start looking? Could this be the starter gone bad with no warning? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Doc

My 2004 coupe started and ran perfect. Today, the engine will not turn over. When I turn the ignition switch, I get a click, click, click. I checked the battery, it is 100% charged. Where do I start looking? Could this be the starter gone bad with no warning? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Doc

Fully charged does not mean that the battery is good, only that it is ready to be tested properly. Have the battery properly load tested and make sure that the battery cables are clean and tight, remember to push/pull/twist each cable after tightening to make sure that the cable is tight on the post as the hold down bolt can be tight but the cable still loose on the battery post. Good luck with it. :)

Thanks, LLC5. You hit the problem on the nose. Installed a new battery and cranked right up.

Doc

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom