Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2005-2007 Corvette Recall: Removable Roofs

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Does the recall also include cars with the lexan "glass roof"? The recall does not specify if all means both types.

Thanks

The big news to me is that Z06 had a removable roof.

Does the recall also include cars with the lexan "glass roof"? The recall does not specify if all means both types.

Thanks

No - at least for now.

I am recently hearing a popping noice coming from the roof area. I called the Chevy 800 number and spoke with Pablo and he said that there is no official recall at this time. He also stated that any recall will be mandated by the government and the government will tell them they have to recall it if it is necessary.

Sooo is this post notification a real recall or one in the works?

The big news to me is that Z06 had a removable roof.

From another foum...

"This was an issue with Z06s also...not just removeable roof panels.....but it was an issue that came to light in 2006...
Had a friend's Z06 lose his roof panel at 70mph...fortunately no one got killed by it.
thumbsup.gif
"

"My 2006 ZO6 was replaced. My 2005 C6 was foamed"

C6 roofs

This has been an issue written and talked about for a couple of years now. Why is it now after several years that suddenly it is a recall issue. I cannot understand why it has taken several years to reach this stage. Geez, talk about slow reacting to a known issue.

I think GM was going to be given a mandated recall from the feds. It's not like they had a pang of conscience. :rotfl

What happen if you're in canada ??:eyerole
:beer

Dealer fixed my Removable roof in 2005

My roof failed right after I took delivery of my C6 summer of 2005. The dealer first lubed the frame with silicon to stop the cracking noise. Obviously this did not fix the problem. The 2nd time the dealer said they ordered a new top which included the frame and then they had to paint it. I'm not sure this is what really happened as they may have just applied some new adhesive to the existing roof panel and frame. But I really could not tell by looking at the fix. Its been three years now that the roof has not blown off. When I brought it in the second time the roof panel literally separated from the frame as my salesman took it off to check it out. He became a believer at that point. I had to steer with one hand and hold down the roof panel with the other hand as I drove it to the dealer as I drafted behind an 18 wheeler to minimize air turbulence.

Note that I have just updated this recall in our Knowledgebase here with a VIN breakdown.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom