Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2005 C6: A Subjective Look at the Next Generation of Corvette

Craig

Its great you have grown up around Vettes, my youngest (13) saw the C-6 screensaver and wants one. I don't know how I missed you at Cruise-fest but I must have or my old mind forgot it. There was so much to do and so little time to do it. The Corvette Hobby needs more young blood like you and Andre. You need to sit you Dad in front of the computer and introduce him to CAC :D
Craig sr

He isn't that great on the computer, but I think I could teach him to enjoy CAC. There definitely wasn't nearly enough time this weekend. It really did seem that the time went to fast.

craig

Rob,

What a great article! You have indeed hit the nail on the head in your impressions of the C6. I had the honor and the unique perspective of running with Dwayne for 700+ miles. I can tell you that it is a "head turner" whether you are following, along side or looking at from the rear view mirror. Dwayne and I had some fun on the way home that put the C6 and my C5 through the paces, whooooo hoooooo. Coming through Louisville a yellow C5 came into the traffic, as we passed by several lanes to the right. While he had a mile or more to make up and several lanes to cross, in a few minutes the yellow C5 had pulled in between Dwayne and I to get a look. He stayed there for a few miles and then pulled along side, and eventually past to get the full view. The C6 is an impressive looking machine, cudos GM.

Great analysis of the C6 Rob. When i first say the C6 in pictures i thought it was a good looking car, but I did not care for the headlights. When I seen it in person and looked over the front of the car I just said to myself, those headlights are not bad I think. When I seen it roll into the hotel parking lot and I started looking it over in person I knew that this was a fabulous car. Just like there has been mentioned before there are a lot of other generations in the C6, which is very nice, but when I sat in it that clinched it, the C6 has the cockpit feel I get when I sit in my C4. I did not feel this when i sat in my buddy's Dad's 50th anniversary. Then I knew my 87 would be jealous, because I have found another vette I love.:D

PS, the only real complaint about the C6 now is how quiet the exhaust is, but other then that it is a well rounded vette.

Great article Rob. You hit it right on. I loved the C6 from pictures as well, but when I saw it in person it was over. I am probably going to trade in my C5 for a C6. I am just going to wait a bit. The C6 is an awsome car, and I haven't even driven one yet. I know that when I do, I will get it. That is why I am waiting. Gotta pay some of my student loans first.

danl72 said:
Great article Rob. You hit it right on. I loved the C6 from pictures as well, but when I saw it in person it was over. I am probably going to trade in my C5 for a C6. I am just going to wait a bit. The C6 is an awsome car, and I haven't even driven one yet. I know that when I do, I will get it. That is why I am waiting. Gotta pay some of my student loans first.
Yeah, I know what you mean about the student loans. I was having a conversation last night with my father about the 2006 Z06, and I showed him the Road and Track magazine that is currently on the news stand with pics of the new Z06. He really liked it, and his next question was: "so when are you getting one?"

I just laughed and said, "not for a very long time." :(

hmmm

quote "I don’t beat around the bush" yet.....
2202 words later he says..."I've got to get one!"

Very good article Rob, When I first saw the C6 in pictures I hated it, I thought the epitome of the Corvette was the hidden headlights, I thought this is Anti-American to do this to this beautiful car.......well the more I looked at it and then test drove it................I went out and Bought one.....and I love it, I have never owned a car so beautiful and so much fun to drive and gotten so many ohhhhh's and ahhhhh's.....it's great
thanks for such a great article on such a great car.
My first Vette was a 1994 C4, and we are talking a difference of night and day

I think the C6 design got a bad rap before it was revealed to the general public, mostly because the trade magazines ran so many cheezy, Photoshopped C5 sneak previews that people linked it too close to the C5 before they ever saw the real deal.

I agree with the general concensus here that it's an amazing amalgamation of retro-looking style cues that bring all the previous generations into a chassis that has it's own batch of all-new lines. It carries the Corvette legacy quite nicely into the future (except for the front license bracket) and it has a lot of room to get even better each year.

Two Mistresses

I have loved cars since I was 10 years old. In 50 years I have owned well over 100 cars. At this point in time I have finally acquired two cars that I find exceptional. I looked for years for the ultimate Porsche (IMHO), a 2005 GT3 with mods. I honestly did not think I would find another automobile that would come close to my Porsche in everyday driving excitement. I was mistaken. Two days ago I bought a 2005 Corvette coupe. Every morning I wake up deciding which of these intoxicating cars I want to drive that day.

It is like living with two beautiful women. I truly am blessed!

Great story Rob. I had my 2002 C5 for just nine months and after test driving a C6....I had to get one! Only thing I don't like is if I put a state tag on it....like I'm supposed to do by law....it will give the front end a ugly appearance. Above the nose or below the nose, a tag will look plain ole ugly and perhaps block some needed air flow.

~Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom