Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2005 Corvette Production Numbers Released

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
We finally have the full, 2005 Corvette production numbers from the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant, here at the Corvette Action Center.

Numbers are broken down by option and color.

Since this is a commonly asked question, please remember that the Assembly Plant does not keep statistical production numbers on Corvettes built with a combination of options. In other words, it is impossible to determine how many 2005 Corvette coupes were built in Velocity Yellow, with a 6-speed manual transmission and XM Satellite Radio.

Enjoy!!

2005 Corvette Production

Rob said:
We finally have the full, 2005 Corvette production numbers from the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant, here at the Corvette Action Center.

Numbers are broken down by option and color.

Since this is a commonly asked question, please remember that the Assembly Plant does not keep statistical production numbers on Corvettes built with a combination of options. In other words, it is impossible to determine how many 2005 Corvette coupes were built in Velocity Yellow, with a 6-speed manual transmission and XM Satellite Radio.

Enjoy!!

2005 Corvette Production

Rob, I think that its interesting to note that these figures are contra to what our forum poll suggests!

• Admin
Greenie said:
Rob, I think that its interesting to note that these figures are contra to what our forum poll suggests!
Well, the numbers are straight from the horse's mouth so to speak....they came right from Bowling Green Assembly. :)

Rob said:
Well, the numbers are straight from the horse's mouth so to speak....they came right from Bowling Green Assembly. :)

Im not saying that the figures are wrong. Im saying that its interesting to note, thats all!

Rob said:

It would be nice if this site offered a printable version of the stats.
I'd like to keep them with the car.
Thanks
Joe

Rob:

Is there any way to find out how many of your specific combination were produced? I have a convertable, black top, red/red, with 6 speed.

Thanks

Dan

Found out from GM that 500 Victory red / red convertables were produced. Given your number of 17% with 6 speed manual that takes it down to 85

37,372!

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to see those kind of production numbers for the Corvette.

B17Crew
:w

I'm going to try to post a html table here with the essential statistics arranged for easy reference... I hope it works...

Nope, didn't work.

So, now I'll post a link to a page that has it, in a moment.

Teaser: I'll bet people don't know how many 1SX went out with pass side reclining seats.... but I do!

Here is the essential stuff:
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=240038&ck=

Note that all groups of stats on page one will total 100%

I have the 'straggler' statistics at the end, on a second page, here:

Teaser #2 -- What percentage really went to Europe after all the hype about restyling the car for that market?

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=240042&ck=

Answers:

Of a Total Production run (TP) of 37,372 MY2005 C6 Corvettes, 1SX configured cars accounted for a mere 640 units (1.67% of TP). By official released marketing plan, it was intended to make these difficult to obtain by actual buyers, with GM producing and delivering just enough to let dealers advertise their very attractive lower MSRP, but then actually place the higher optioned cars that were in much more plentiful supply. Congratulations to those of you who held out to get what you really wanted (assuming you did). From the GM provided data, it would appear that only 41 of those 1SX cars (0.1% of TP) got the 'free' special passenger side seat during the constraint period [ (AQ9) - (1SA+1SB) = 41 ].

As to the much touted Euro market invasion that supposedly accounted for much of the car's redesigned parameters, since US/CAN/MEX units collectively account for 95.3% of all units produced it would therefore seem that less than 1,752 cars (4.7% of TP) could possibly be in European hands.

Mexico took 88 cars.

printing the stats

timetovette said:
Thanks
Joe

I used the browsers "send page" and sent the page with the numbers to myself as an e-mail. The E-mail itself is in a printable format. Thanks... now I also have a printed copy.

-dan

Another Option

timetovette said:
Thanks
Joe

You can print it directly, as suggested by FastMover, or you can save it to your local hard drive for printing and/or reformatting later. To save it, click on FILE, then SAVE AS, then pick WEB ARCHIVE, SINGLE FILE in the "Save as type" field. Important!! Make a note of where you saved it. Using the ARCHIVE type means you only have to keep track of one file and not worry about links.

Hope that helps...Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom