Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2005 Overheating

krhuggins

Corvette
Cooling fan wont run.Unplugged cooling fan control module & bypassed module fan ran fine.Installed new module still no fan.Bypassed one more time to check fan it ran fine.Any ideas I am stuck.thanks KRH

Welcome to CAC, krhuggins. :w I think you'll find lots of helpful and friendly people here. We'll find some answers for you soon. We have some of the worlds best mechanics here. One will be by soon to give you some guidance.

HI there,

The fan control module is actually TOLD to turn the fan on based on the engine control module providing input for on signal.

The data from the engine control module will need to be read and you wil have to also make sure that the signal is being SENT from the ECM to the fan control module.

A scan tool will have to be used to read the information.

Allthebest, Paul

Thank you Paul for jumping in here.

(Paul is one of our World Class guys.....:happyanim:)

2005 overheating

Update took to chevy dealer pressure tested system found leak at water pump & recommended thermostat change estimate $ 1100.00 for both would not check fan operation until water pump change.I will change water pump & thermostat & see what happens.Thanks to all that helped KRH

I hoping that your water pump/thermostat solves your problem. Keep us posted... :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom