Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2006-2008 Z06 base model differences.

icsparks

Corvette
2004 Z06 commemorative edition ,Procharger P1SC
I am looking to pick up a C6 Z06, Are there any differences between the 2006,2007 and 2008 base models. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

If you are interested in a Z06, then why would you care what the difference is between base model years?

Let's see~
1. 2005 had a 4 speed automatic
1a. 2006 to present has a 6 speed automatic (paddle shift)

2. <2007 get a 3YR/36,000 powertrain warranty.
2a. >2006 gets a 5YR/100,000 powertrain warranty.

3. >2006 get a steering wheel with audio and cruise controls.

I think that's about it.

lots of differences

I knew of some problems on the 06 & 07 that were finally fixed on the 2008 ZO6
problems were on the carbon fiber roof peeling off on the 06 & 07
Other issues were Failure of gm during 09 & 10 that may affected the build quality of those years.
My 2008 ZO6 has improvements to the dash and center console, and had NO RECALLS. unlike the other years. I have had no issues, except be prepared NOT to get good milage out of the Goodyear tires,I got just 14,000 miles and on all of them the inside tread wears very quickly. But I still put the Goodyears back on

Z06's don't have a carbon fiber roof. However, there were some roof seperation issues with the 2006MY.
Changes to the 2007 to 2008MY~
1. Moved from the T-56 transmission to the T-6060. Some say, this was a bad move.
2. Steering rack has been improved for "feel."

If "mileage vs. wear" is an issue for you, then take a look @ General's tire in Z06 sizes. If you're wearing the inside of your fronts, then get your camber/toe adjusted. Chevy spends 90 seconds getting all 4 wheels aligned. How good do you think that job is going to be? Their "within spec" parameters are about as wide as the Pacific Ocean. Seriously, get an alignment, and specify you want it set up for maximum tire life.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom