Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2006 Chrome wheels?

Chrome wheels

OK, I ordered in August a C6 with chrome wheels. Originally the dealer said no problem. Later they were told by GM that the wheels are indeed delayed until some unknown future date, likely into early 2006.

Sure would like to know WHY~! GM knows how to chrome wheels, so what is with the supplier? Why is there a problem? Why does it take someone 6 months to figure out how to chrome wheels and why were they not ready for the Sept. production start? They had at least 4-6 months to figure this out (GM supplier notice) + another 3 months since they will not being ready till 2006. That is way too long for someone to get organized. They could have shipped them to CA to get the plating done next week.Very poor management of this problem on part of GM. Sure hope the GM fat cats read this forum....

Carbuff

Also consider stock size 2006 aftermarket Z06 wheels - they about $1,200. Fpr about the same price as the stock shromies, you can have the Z06 and stock painted wheels...such a deal .;)

toad said:
Hi there
I bought a set of four C6 chrome wheels straight out for
$975.00 from Corvettes of Houston in April . Chrome lug nuts
and center covers. No trade in. Toad

What kind of warranty did you get, 1 year is not good.

According to my dealer, my chromed rims have the same warrenty as the car,ie, 36/36K

:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom