Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2006 Sebring

Bill Heygster

Corvette
1985 red coupe, 2004 red coupe
Has anyone heard whether GM and the museum will have a Corvette Corral at this years' Sebring race in March and if so where tix can be bought. The one last year was great.

Thanks - I exchanged e-mails with him in Novemeber and he said they were supposed to decide on the corrals in December - never heard any more about it

Bill Heygster said:
Thanks - I exchanged e-mails with him in Novemeber and he said they were supposed to decide on the corrals in December - never heard any more about it

We had nothing further to post because Corvette Marketing postponed the conference until January. As soon as we do have some information we will post it. The fastest way to learn of any new NCM information is via NCM eNews. advance notice of event registrations opening or new events is posted there.

Bill Heygster said:
Has anyone heard whether GM and the museum will have a Corvette Corral at this years' Sebring race in March and if so where tix can be bought. The one last year was great.

Here is some info from the Sebring Raceway site... http://www.sebringraceway.com/corral.lasso

Hope this helps!! I am looking forward to going this year!! Should be fun!! :)

Thanks Dave

We bought tix thru the Sebring ticket offfice a few weeks ago. We did go last year and it was terrific. Chevy and the museum did a wonderful job with this and I'm sure it will be the same this year. You won't regret going.

Thanks for the info!! Hopefully I will see you there!!

I'm looking forward to it!! Is the Corvette Corral area close to the racetrack in anyway? Also, any good photo opprotunities of the Corvettes while watching the race?

I am from that area, so I will be going home to visit, and to catch the race!! No hotel room fees!! :)

I was in Detroit and couldn't update the forum with the latest corral information. The corrals are arranged for by Corvette Marketing. Last year the NCM utilized a template we had developed in 2004 for Petit and Laguna Seca races for all of the corrals. However we have been informed that Chevrolet/Corvette Marketing has decided that they will again have corrals at all races however they are somewhat scaled back with no food and all operations will be handled by GMR*works. The NCM (and co-hosts in some situations) are no longer involved in operations of the corral. For information go to the NCM home page and check under Events for corrals. Needless to say we are disappointed however we will continue to support Corvette Racing in other ways and venues.

Bill Heygster said:
Thanks Dave

We bought tix thru the Sebring ticket offfice a few weeks ago. We did go last year and it was terrific. Chevy and the museum did a wonderful job with this and I'm sure it will be the same this year. You won't regret going.

NCR Dave said:
Thanks for the info!! Hopefully I will see you there!!

I'm looking forward to it!! Is the Corvette Corral area close to the racetrack in anyway? Also, any good photo opprotunities of the Corvettes while watching the race?

I am from that area, so I will be going home to visit, and to catch the race!! No hotel room fees!! :)

Sounds like it might be somewhat different from last year but......... last year we were located right on the outside of the turn at the beginning of the front straight next to the bridge going to the paddock. The was a small grandstand. Great spot. The sebring track map lists the area as Mobil Hopitality area. that's a mistake. All the corvette team drivers were at the corral signning autographs as were dave Hall and a group from the assembly plant. They had some new cars and some race cars. You can wander all over the place - there's lots to see. The infield gets a little crazy but it's certainly worth the trip. see ya there

We have a free place to stay as well. my mother in law lives about 10 minutes from the gate.

Roc said:
I was in Detroit and couldn't update the forum with the latest corral information. The corrals are arranged for by Corvette Marketing. Last year the NCM utilized a template we had developed in 2004 for Petit and Laguna Seca races for all of the corrals. However we have been informed that Chevrolet/Corvette Marketing has decided that they will again have corrals at all races however they are somewhat scaled back with no food and all operations will be handled by GMR*works. The NCM (and co-hosts in some situations) are no longer involved in operations of the corral. For information go to the NCM home page and check under Events for corrals. Needless to say we are disappointed however we will continue to support Corvette Racing in other ways and venues.

Thanks for the info Roc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom