Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2006 Z06 Corvette: Meet The New "Firefox"

In my mind there is absolutely no better car made than the Corvette C6/Z06. I have gotten off into Porsches pretty heavy in the last few years, but owned a 2004 C5.

Even if we pay 80,000 for the Z06 there isn't a comporable car made on this planet for that kind of money. I saw Porsche turbos and turbo Ss in excess of $164,000, a Ford GT for $218,000, and the Carrera GT @ $440.000, a Lambo for $165,000 and my Masareti for 104,000.
My Mas has the Ferrari designed 4.2 with 390 "published" horsepower, and the F1 shifter and the quality of finish is second to nothing I have eevr seen. It will stay with or beat the 400 HP Corvette, but will finish second to the Z06. It truly is an exceptional car to drive, but I wanted the Z06. I have never been patient and that is one of my many shortcomings. But when you call Chevrolet and they don't know the difference between the cars they sell it is really frustrating. Maybe next year.

Larry's Yellow Rdstr said:
My Mas has the Ferrari designed 4.2 with 390 "published" horsepower,

Larry, I was wondering why you put published in quotes. My opinion is that it's kind of a stretch for a naturally aspirated 4.2 liter motor to put out so much HP. Are we thinking along the same lines?

It is sad that back in the 1950's and 60's Chevy dealers knew when a new Vette was coming. Now their service sucks.

Edmund,

If you drove the car you would understand. The factory specs say 390 HP. The Ferrari dealership told me they have had several identical cars showing 380-390 RWHP. Perhaps the HP ratings were intentionally understated by Maserati, perhaps not. The Masers are doing very well in European road racing.
I wish I could post pictures. The interior and paint quality are awesome.

I really prefer driving my 87 conv.

ROB,

Thanks for the pictures of the Z06, they are great...

Okay, you got me. I owe Rob and everyone here at the CAC an apology for my former comments on the new C6. It kinda has grown on me and now I am in full reverse and hitting the rev limiter. And now that I have seen the Z06 I am humbled. :eek: The new Z06 knocks me out. :drool: WOW is about all I can say. Thanks for the info and article. Now to convince the better half that we really need to upgrade!!!!

Randy

This morning I get a phone call from another Chevrolet dealer, but I think this one is more knowledable. He tells me he has a confirmed allocation for delivery in December, and it is currently unclaimed. Day late and dollar short!

0-30 1.6 seconds
0-40 2.2
0-50 2.8
0-60 3.6
0-70 4.5
0-80 5.5
0-90 6.7
0-100 7.9
0-110 9.3
0-120 11.0
0-130 12.8
0-140 15.0
0-150 17.5

Street start 5-60 4.3 sec
1/4 mile 11.7 @ 125 mph

70-0 braking 162 ft

Skidpad 0.98g

The tests were done at GM's Milford proving ground.

ac_01a.jpg

Rob,and JBsC5 you have messed up my new mag. feelings! I don't get that issuse in the mail till this week or the next! At least i got to see that the Z06 is "cheaper" the the other cars!

Just think....we have at least 5 years before they change the body style of the C6. I hope to buy a nice looking 5 year old Z real dam cheap one day!!!:D :_rock

GREAT article and photos Rob!!!! Obviously the Z06 has been on the market for some time now, but I still really enjoyed reading your report. Thanks also to 6 Shooter for sending it to me!

Excellent write-up on the Z06, Rob!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom