Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2008 vs. 2005

rdgfx3

Corvette
2008 Silver Coupe
People are gonna think I'm crazy.I traded my 2005 coupe for a showroom floor 2008.Fully loaded.Both tops.Navigation.Everything.Now here's the crazy part.

I hate it.

I bought my 2005 used off the lot back in September.Love at first drive.The power band was perfect,the shift points were right on target.The stereo was easy to operate and I didn't have big brother(Onstar)knowing where I was at all times.

I spoke with Anthony at LG Motorsports,just about 5 miles away from me,and he told me what may be causing my buyers remorse,because I just couldn't pinpoint WHY I hate this car compared to my '05.

First off,the LS3 makes it's power at a higher RPM than my LS3.Yea,I can feel it now that he mentions it.The six speed automatic shifts at different points and is geared differently than my '05(Of course)

He told me that the tranny IS adaptive,so as time goes by,it may come around to my driving style(!) and I hope it does.

Navigation?AAAHHHHRRGHHH!I'm using my Garmin NUVI!!!The maps for Texas load sooooo slooooow.So slow in fact,I really thought the disk was defective.

I keep having to tell myself,"Dude,you're driving the latest greatest supercar in America.Some people would KILL for what you have."

Please don't flame me.I feel bad enough.I'm going to the store.In my '96 Previa.;shrug

Sounds like a problem I'd like to have;LOL Hope it works out for you, though:upthumbs If not, go back to another 2005:beer

do you have the dual mode exhaust?

I bet from your lack of excitement that you don't.

Just the Opposite!

I traded my showroom 04' Commerative Edition for my new 08' Atomic Orange Coupe.

I absolutely love the style, power, and comfort.

I love OnStar too! I just say who I want to talk to and I'm connected.

I really don't get caught up on the big brother thing, however, if the car is stolen, it's comforting knowing that they won't get far. If I'm in an serious accident 911 will automatically get called. Should I need service on the road they can direct you to the nearest GM dealer or service center. If I throw a code they will do an on board diagnostic - what's not to like about OnStar!?

I have had the opportunity (and blessed) to drive Corvettes as my daily drivers for the last 15 years...
I look forward to the C7.:w
chris

I had a 480hp modded C5 Z06 with 3.73 gears and I now have a 2008 C6 coupe with the Z51 and NPP exhaust and there is no comparision as to how much more I dig the new Corvette...

I loved the C5 Z but the new C6 is a much better sports car for me..

436 hp and tons of torque...

Power all the time and throughout the rev band..

Great handling..Great ride...better NVH... Strong acceleration and a top speed of 190 mph...

All for mid 40's...

I'm dam impressed..

Couldn't think of another car I'd want instead...

its that good..

Just the other side of the coin...

We love our new 08! We kept our 01 for me the 08 for her.

OK,now I have 3700 miles on my '08 and things are better.Just wanted to revise my comments.
LG Motorsports made the car right.LG Long Tube Pro headers,a little engine management revision,a bit of A6 tranny reprogramming,upgrades to the intake and a Billy Boat Fusion exhaust made it much better.:cool
A JL Audio stealth subwoofer made dramatic improvements to the stock Bose stereo as well.
The navigation still isn't that great,though.:bashI'm happier than I was,BUT I do still miss my '05.This was bound to happen anyway.If I hadn't bought the 08 I'd be going "I sure wish I had an '08".
Things work out eventually.:w

Hmm?

You know, it's kind of like when you dump a girl that you have been going out with for a while, (6 months or more), and you see her out with someone else; you get jealous and those old feelings start to stir in the pit of your stomach. Even though there was no future in the old relationship, you still miss what you had; man that woman sure could cook, etc. In the end I guess cars are a lot like women; drive them hard, take care of their needs on a regular basis and you will get many, many miles of satisfaction in return; -but eventually that new model catches your eye.:cool

On automatics, the 2008s are Soooooooo much better than anything before. Precise, would be an understatment to what was done in comparison to the 2007 and earlier:w

Well,there's a reason I don't have my 2005.Um..uh....I discovered the limits of the traction control system...uh..heh..oops..:eyerole

Winter in Michigan is always a tough time so it generally means I'm shopping for stuff I don't really need like an 08' C6 vert loaded up as a replacement for my 05 C6 coupe nonZ-51. Well, since I love LeMans blue on my 05' and can't get it now and there aren't significant enough changes to warrant the $20-25k+ step I 'd have to make. I decided I'd do my own brake upgrade install an AVIC D3 /Pioneer , MGW shifter, new wheels and tires(close to needing new rubber anyway) and I still have $13-18k in my pocket(removable top vs vert)...and my STS twin turbo system assure me in staying ahead of the new LS3 !:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom