Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2009 production date vs 2008

X-caiver

Okay, I just saw the announcement that May 22nd was the start of the 2009 season.

But, what does that mean for someone who just wants one of the 'regular' vettes? (i.e. just the coupe, not the Z06/07, SS, Blue Devil, or any of the other fancy-named versions)

I've done a few web searches and can't find anything that talks about what, if any, differences there will be between 08 and 09 coupes & rag tops.

I think GM makes the info available around late April for the following model year vehicles.

Okay, I just saw the announcement that May 22nd was the start of the 2009 season.

I've done a few web searches and can't find anything that talks about what, if any, differences there will be between 08 and 09 coupes & rag tops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you further identify what "start of the 2009 season" may mean? Does it mean that May 22, the factory starts building 2009 models?

Thanks.

If i'm not mistaken you can order an 09 during the first weeks of June.First delivery would be around late July first of Aug.

The biggest change I understand will be direct fuel injection.More HP ,better fuel economy.

If i'm not mistaken you can order an 09 during the first weeks of June.First delivery would be around late July first of Aug.

The biggest change I understand will be direct fuel injection.More HP ,better fuel economy.

Where did you get all that? Everything I have read indicates no changes. The LS3 is new so probably no changes there for a a little while at least.

But, what does that mean for someone who just wants one of the 'regular' vettes? (i.e. just the coupe, not the Z06/07, SS, Blue Devil, or any of the other fancy-named versions)

Bash event – April 24-26 and receive the commemorative lapel pin, dash plaque and event badge. Road tours, seminars, 2009 model year rollout and much more awaits event participants! It will be a Bash event to remember.

I am sure that if you can wait another month from now when the 2009 models and changes are made known at the National Corvette Museum Bash. It is usually posted on their web site immediately following the event. That is almost a whole month before the start of the alleged 2009 model production date of May 22. But I would think that between May 22 and when they change over to the 2010 model there should be an opportunity to order one.

May 22 is the first day dealers can submit orders for 09s. Production will begin on June 23. As of now there have been no announcements as to what if any changes there will be.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom