Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2009 ZR1 Video by Fast Lane Daily

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Thanks for the link!!! :beer

First time I've seen it.

I wonder what is different about the side cove that they've got it covered?
I had the same thought about the roof. I mean, you know it's a Vette, so what could be different about the rather flat roof panel?

Thanks for posting Rob!

- Eric:w

Did the rear fender flares appear wider to anyone else? I can certainly understand the need for fat tires.

I bet they have the fenders covered because of the ZR1 logo

Hate to be a skeptic but it seems BOGUS to me. No Mfg.plates on the car and why only cover up the side coves. It looks like a regular productions Vette to my eyes.

Based on this picture from an old thread here, they are covering up the side fenders because they are different from the current C6/Z06.

ss1.jpg

Can't wait to see this car when it's finally unveiled.

Leon

Hate to be a skeptic but it seems BOGUS to me. No Mfg.plates on the car and why only cover up the side coves. It looks like a regular productions Vette to my eyes.

I would have to agree with you here. I find it very odd that the driver of this vette is allowing him to be recorded in this fashion. The person taping just happens to be in the perfect location to record some of those shots. First he is behind the car and then in the next shot he is infront of the car taping it as it comes around the bend.

This could be part of GM's Ministry of Disinformation or some pulling everybodys strings.

O man that sound of that V8 still rings in clear and loud! Can't wait to see one on the roads!

Interesting, but I don't believe it.
  1. Padding and camo notwithstanding, that hood doesn't look like it would accomodate the blower shown in previous spy photos.
  2. Looks like a (barely) 20-something driving (~1:25 into video). I don't believe GM would entrust such a car to such a person (no offense to our under-25 members).
  3. No MFG plate - probably the biggest give-away.

^^so how would you explain what the heck is going on with the vette in that clip..

Interesting. In my job I travel Michigan routes that are commonly used as test loops on pre-production prototype testing and I commonly see everything from SUVs to strings of Ford GTs (before they came out) and the one common thing about all of these vehicles, partially disguised or not, is the manufacturer license plate. It doesn't matter if it's a Ford, GM or Chrysler the mfg plate is ALWAYS there.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom