Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2010 Grand Sport front tire wear

psycho

Corvette
'10 Grand Sport Heritage Packag Convertible
I have 6800 miles on the car and the front tires are worn out. Rear tire looks good.
I am 70 yrs old and we only drive it on the weekend.
2010 Grand Sport with Auto Trans. Run 30-31 psi cold all the time.
:mad

Yes they will do that....although yours wore out in about half the time that is usually complained about. 12 to 15K is what is most normal from the factory. You need to have them realign your front and rear wheels to a less agressive setting. If you look in the C6 forum threads you will find what the settings should be set at. If you go to the PFADT web site they have a suggestion for a touring setting. That is what I call it anyway. I just had mine realigned the other day so I am hoping I get at least 25 to 30 out of these Nitto's.

The top one would be close to what you are looking for......I used these and others as a guide for the alignment tech and told him what I was after and he said no problem and took care of it. He said he knew what I was after so I trusted him with the final call.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/corvette-alignment.pdf

Last edited:
Damn front tire wear.

I would like to thank you for the info. Will contact the dealer and this done.......
Yes they will do that....although yours wore out in about half the time that is usually complained about. 12 to 15K is what is most normal from the factory. You need to have them realign your front and rear wheels to a less agressive setting. If you look in the C6 forum threads you will find what the settings should be set at. If you go to the PFADT web site they have a suggestion for a touring setting. That is what I call it anyway. I just had mine realigned the other day so I am hoping I get at least 25 to 30 out of these Nitto's.

The top one would be close to what you are looking for......I used these and others as a guide for the alignment tech and told him what I was after and he said no problem and took care of it. He said he knew what I was after so I trusted him with the final call.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/corvette-alignment.pdf

Question (forgot to ask)

On the PFADT sheet, you say the Peformance is the best for everday driving, correct?

Thanks again;
Fred

I have 6800 miles on the car and the front tires are worn out. Rear tire looks good.
I am 70 yrs old and we only drive it on the weekend.
2010 Grand Sport with Auto Trans. Run 30-31 psi cold all the time.
:mad

the corvette engineers at BG told me to set the camber as close to "O" as possible.

My service dept advised me a free alignment will be done once I get 1500-7500 miles on the cars and covered by warranty. I could not wait and went to my favorite Speed shop (IPS Motorsports) Right front and right rear were WHY off settings. To many complaints on tire wear I guess. I took a copy of Pfadt racing suggestions. Car drives much better now also.

My service dept advised me a free alignment will be done once I get 1500-7500 miles on the cars and covered by warranty. I could not wait and went to my favorite Speed shop (IPS Motorsports) Right front and right rear were WHY off settings. To many complaints on tire wear I guess. I took a copy of Pfadt racing suggestions. Car drives much better now also.

It is good to see GM admitting to the problem, and taking care of the problem.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom