Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport 2010 MY: Return of the Grand Sport

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.
Actually, the "target" competition for the Grand Sport Manual Coupe is the Porsche GT3.

Here are some of the pictures I took of the Corvette Grand Sport at the C5/C6 Bash:

Exclusive Photo Gallery: The 2010 Corvette Grand Sport

042409_9b.jpg

042409_18.jpg

042409_17.jpg

I'm not really loving it, do we really need yet another iteration of the c6? Let's see, we have the base model, the Z06, the ZR1, now the grand sport. Why stop there, I think the time has come for a Corvette Sportswagon, or a Corvette SUV. The big question is this: Do hash marks and shark gills make the base engine (which comes with this car) perform better? The Corvette itself is already bling, adding more bling just looks like the chief designer at Chevrolet allowed his teenage son to step into the design studio and call the shots for a day. Everyone seems to be excited to see this car in production, but seriously are there any body parts on the car that can't be transferred to a non-GS car and simply have a clone of a car that doesn't perform any better than the base car in the first place? I know I know it replaces the Z51, which basically means stiffer springs and bigger brakes, whatever. It's actually kinda sad to see the car headed in this direction, but there have been bigger blunders before (cough) 1984 crossfire (cough).

I'm not really loving it, do we really need yet another iteration of the c6? Let's see, we have the base model, the Z06, the ZR1, now the grand sport. Why stop there, I think the time has come for a Corvette Sportswagon, or a Corvette SUV. The big question is this: Do hash marks and shark gills make the base engine (which comes with this car) perform better? The Corvette itself is already bling, adding more bling just looks like the chief designer at Chevrolet allowed his teenage son to step into the design studio and call the shots for a day. Everyone seems to be excited to see this car in production, but seriously are there any body parts on the car that can't be transferred to a non-GS car and simply have a clone of a car that doesn't perform any better than the base car in the first place? I know I know it replaces the Z51, which basically means stiffer springs and bigger brakes, whatever. It's actually kinda sad to see the car headed in this direction, but there have been bigger blunders before (cough) 1984 crossfire (cough).

Tough crowd! LOL I understand your perspective yet the car has a track oriented dry sump oiling system and a battery relocated to the trunk. The car has wider tires and wheels.. as well as a new launch control system.

Those are all performance improvements..

Faster acceleration (true its only a few tenths improved over the base model...but its still an improvement to 4.0 seconds.......top speed at 190 mph...better cornering 1 lateral g...better brakes..( I forgot the braking numbers but its probably more related to fade resistance anyway with the six piston calibers)

The wider fenders? Thats always been a better look and it covers the wider wheels and tires so it has a performance aspect as well.

I see this new Grand Sport for those that feel the 4 flat zero to 60 mph time and 190 mph top speed more than enough acceleration..

As an owner of an 08 C6 Z51 and a previous owner of a modded 485hp C5 Z06...I'm more than satisfied with the performance of the new Grand sport..

I wish I didn't just buy a new corvette last year...I'd have gladly traded in my modded 485 hp c5 Z06 for a new corvette like the Grand sport with a 5 year 100000 mile warranty...

I'm just glad they put this out before the obama administration killed off the corvette entirely...

RUmor is the goverment is going to get a controlling stake in GM and then we're all up sh1ts creek..

JMO

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom