Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: 2011 Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition

Well aren't all Corvettes pretty much the same with a few exceptions. I mean a convertible is the same as a coupe except for the soft top. If you're buying your Corvette for investment or resale value, you're missing the whole point of being passionate about the car itself. To me that is a foolish game. Hopefully you bought your ZR1 because you love the car, not for the return on your investment...we'll all be dead before that happens!

I didn't buy the car for any return on investment. That would be foolish. I bought it to enjoy and have fun. I have even driven it in the snow! But I do like the fact that it is very unique.

Pretty awesome that's for sure! Like to see it in black though!

I didn't buy the car for any return on investment. That would be foolish. I bought it to enjoy and have fun. I have even driven it in the snow! But I do like the fact that it is very unique.

Exactly my feelings. I bought mine used. I could never afford a new one. I love my car. I dont intend to ever buy another one. This is truly my dream car. I am slowly modifying it to be a daily driving, track running, hot looking, loud and proud American super car. Buying a new car as an investment is not a wise way to invest ones money, to say the least. For people like us, cars are about passion, a shared experience, friends, a way of life. I never look at it as a monetary investment, it is a life experience investment. I meet so many good people through the corvette experience, that is what its all about to me...and a thrilling driving experience!!!:thumb

Everyone hurry, and put down your deposits for $XXXX.XX over list. Take it from me - They can shove these special editions up their ### - they bring no money when and if you need to sell one!

I've heard this more than once, good advice:thumb Unless your buying one to keep and drive it will more than likely never make you rich if an investment is what your looking at, better just check into some WalMart stock! They appear other than insurance companies, loan instituons and the government to be the few that are making money these days :mad

Bill :w

what no roadster again, just coupes? .......:confused

what no roadster again, just coupes? .......:confused

No Z06 roadster should not be a surprise. It's supposed to be track ready, and most or many tracks don't allow roadsters without a roll cage. And GM's position is that a Z06 roadster would just not have the handling they want in a Z06. At least they are consistent.:upthumbs

Nice, But I'm very content with what I have! :thumb

Me too; I can't afford one anyway :eyerole

I can barely afford to pay attention ;LOL

Bill :w

I'd like to see the orange one...:thumb

The Inferno Orange is on the new 2010 Camaro. Should look great with all the black trim, wheels and CF.

I think it's going to look good in the inferno orange. Our local dealer has an Inferno Orange Camaro with black 10 spoke wheels so you can almost get an idea what the Vette will look like. There is definitely NO metallic in the paint, and it is very, very close to being mistaken for red when it's not in the sun.

Quick photoshop. :w

You would need to be a track junkie (I am) to want this car. My friend has a GT2 with the carbon brake rotors. The front rotors cracked and cost him $10K to repair. For someone who is using the car extensively on the track, it is definitely a better choice than your 2006 Z06; however, I can't think of anyone who would take this Z06 over your ZR1! Your ZR1 is still king!

I don't own either one, just a mesily Z51 ;shrug...but I agree, in my book ZR1 is King any day over Z06....carbon or not....Don't get me wrong, I am NOT downing Z06....I'd like one of those to be my next Vette purchase (after I finish paying for the first ;LOL)....the day I win the lottery I will get that ZR1....but until then, realistically....the Z06 will be my next....and not a carbon one either...ZR1 is my dreamcar...why??? :D

Exactly my feelings. I bought mine used. I could never afford a new one. I love my car. I dont intend to ever buy another one. This is truly my dream car. I am slowly modifying it to be a daily driving, track running, hot looking, loud and proud American super car. Buying a new car as an investment is not a wise way to invest ones money, to say the least. For people like us, cars are about passion, a shared experience, friends, a way of life. I never look at it as a monetary investment, it is a life experience investment. I meet so many good people through the corvette experience, that is what its all about to me...and a thrilling driving experience!!!:thumb

This is the outlook of successful Vette enthusiast who actually do make profit buying/selling....you are so right....no one really knows which production car will turn out to be a real collectable car that appreciates well beyond it's original value (dollar adjusted). Case in point, I bet no one knew back in the 60's the L88 would have turned out to be so collectable and PROFITABLE. And how long did it take to be realized as collectable??....your sooo right dude...:beer

Did anyone see the "Gears" episode recently with the Orange 2010 Camaro where an aftermarket interior company tweaked it. Is that Inferno Orange? That color looked great!

Quick photoshop. :w

The pic is nice, but if you've seen the color in person.............not even close. It's actually more of a browninsh, reddish, orange. It's really kind of dull and plain, nothing bright about it. I'm hoping the blue has more punch.

This kinda pi$$e$ me off at GM. I spent $120,000 for a ZR1 and I think they lowered the value of it by coming out with this Z06. Also, it lowers the value of my 2006 Z06.

Oh well, I guess you can't blame them for trying to make as much money as possible.

Please help me understand as I may be abnormally stupid....How did GM lower the value of your ZR1 by bringing out this carbon edition Z06??? :confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom