Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport 2013 G/S ceramic brake pad install.

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.
E

Eric ray

Finally got around to replace my stock pads with ceramic. Only have 1100 miles on the odometer, so these went in pretty easy.
using a 3/8" drive T45 Torx wrench, starting from the top, removed the top four pins. (top 2 in front, top 2 in back.)
photo 2 (9).jpg

Then you can remove the top pad, work your way down to the last pin, you can leave the last pin in, you should be able to remove
and install the new pads over it. When installing, the pins should be screw back in by hand, wiggle the pad while screwing, it should go in easy.
photo 3 (7).jpg

the bottom pad is the wear sensor pad. The metal tang goes upwards. The whole job only took 2-1/2 Hrs. And I took my time
to clean parts of the wheel well and wheels I never could reach. If you purchase the single pads, you will have to remove the
calipers. Also I used a rubber coated plier handle to push the pistons back for clearance, with only 1100 miles, that was no problem.
photo 1 (15).jpg

With 1100 miles on the original pads, what prompted the change?

I replaced mine at about the same miles for the same reason. At least the ceramic dust isn't black and greasy. :thumb

dust

I replaced mine at about the same miles for the same reason. At least the ceramic dust isn't black and greasy. :thumb
Other than the dust, do you think the ceramics are as good as OEM? I hate the dust also. I have black wheels and after a short 2 or 3 hour drive, wheels are filthy, especially the fronts. I heard that ceramics are easier on rotors.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom