Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray Wins Road & Track's 2013 Performance Car of the Year!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Road & Track's 2013 Performance Car of the Year

13 cars contended for Performance Car of the Year. Only one could emerge.

By Jack Baruth November 14, 2013 / Photos by Andrew Trahan

C2C_1-DwE8p0-sm.jpg

"The runway next to this one," the man says, using the sheaf of remarkably comprehensive waivers that we've just signed to point behind us, "is active. Don't enter that runway. There's a $10,000 fine. And there will be aircraft using that runway during your test here."

No driving in front of airplanes, check. Cars on this runway, airplanes on that one. Check. Still, I momentarily contemplate defying the man: waiting for a Gulfstream to rotate into position on runway 33, then lining up next to it in the sleek Ferrari F12berlinetta or the stealth-creased new Corvette or the brutal Competition Pack BMW M6. Giving the universal signal: Let's go. Then the screech of tires and the roar of the turbofans, the asphalt rushing to the windshield, 5000 feet to the finish. Fist in the air, Top Gun-style. Childhood dreams are made of stuff like that.

I shake my head and look around: This is the stuff of childhood dreams. Thirteen cars, all new or significantly revised for 2013, from the ridiculously aggressive Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series to the sublime and elegant Jaguar F-type. Here's the plan: A full day thrashing around Detroit City Airport's runway 25 and its taxiways, otherwise known as the Motown Mile, to separate the brilliant from the merely good.

Full Story: Road & Track's 2013 Performance Car of the Year - Road & Track

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom