Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7, Drive line clunk!

Geoffrey Card

Corvette
2014 C7 Stingray
My Corvette is a 6 speed automatic with 32,000 miles recorded. When cruising in slow traffic say between 30 and 50 mph the engine will run in 4 cylinder configuration. As soon as the throttle is mildly applied the configuration will immediately change to 8 cylinders with a rough drive line clunk. This happens about 75 percent of the time. Also, when slowing for a low speed right turn the change down and transmission engagement is sometimes rough. What remedial actions can be taken and are there any service bulletins?

Wow...the transition in and out of cylinder deactivation is supposed to be seamless. I've driven trucks and C7s and, while if I listened carefully, I could hear it, but I never felt it.

One thing you may want to look into is whether or not this is a cylinder deac. problem or a problem with the TCC in the trans.

To be honest, I don't have any additional suggestions other than to go to the dealer and inquire.

Drive line clunk.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. My local dealer will be investigating next week.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom