Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Caught Again With Upscale Interior

Well, depends on how you look at it. Take a look at the Porsche 911. Look how many generations of that car exist - however, Porsche has been very careful not to mess too much with the 911's....phenotypical appearance, so to speak. All generations of the 911 look very similar, but some can and do have major changes under the skin.

Some changes to a car don't have to be major in order to cost a huge amount of money. For example: adding a crease, or a fold here, or changing the shape of a body panel requires a much larger sum of money than adding a new switch for an option, or changing a steering wheel design. You have to change body molds, possible assembly line tools, attachment points, etc. When it comes to changing all the body panels, and/or the frame, suspension....etc...then you're talking an enormous sum of money.

True and good point with the 911 comparison. I guess we're just not used to that with Corvette.

Imagination... Maybe

You have to be kidding me, that could be my 07 C6 under the camouflage. I can't believe what imaginations some have to see anything relevant to what the C7 will look like with those pictures.

In total, I refer to all of the images I'm seeing, not just these posted today. I think it will be similar to your C6, most Corvettes are iterative updates. But I do see a lot of contemporary influence on the lines, Ferrari in particular.

Cheers!
Steve

Agreed, although exterior details are still well-hidden.

What I'm really hoping for - is that GM does not go back to diluting the brand by using items like mirrors, steering wheels and door handles from other platforms.

I really don't care how much the penny-pinching accountants want to save money. In my opinion, when you start sharing visible parts from other, cheaper models like the door handles, side mirrors, and steering wheels, you start diluting and cheapening the brand. The best example of this was the C5 Corvette with those ridiculous oval door handles that were swiped from the Oldsmobile Aurora parts bin.

A note to GM: if you want to share parts across platforms to save money, do it with parts that are not seen by the customer's eye. When it comes to high profile cars like Corvette, Cadillac and Camaro - every visible aspect of those platforms should be unique to the customers' eyes. Example: I don't want to look at the side of a C7 Corvette sitting in a Chevrolet dealer showroom - and see something from the Buick Regal platform.

+1

Saw a MT rendition, (tried to show what's under the cover) and overall it looks fine. An evolvement, but I just can't stand those Camaro-like taillights. Hope that doesn't happen.

Opinions

Since I'm new to Corvette ownership, the C6 design is still fresh to me, even though it's been around for quite some time. I can appreciate that to those who have been fortunate enough to have owned one for a while, your ready for a design change. That being said, I would easily spend more for an updated interior, however I just ordered another new 2013 Grand Sport. I still think it's very nice for the money. I'll post some pics when it comes in.

Since I'm new to Corvette ownership, the C6 design is still fresh to me, even though it's been around for quite some time. I can appreciate that to those who have been fortunate enough to have owned one for a while, your ready for a design change. That being said, I would easily spend more for an updated interior, however I just ordered another new 2013 Grand Sport. I still think it's very nice for the money. I'll post some pics when it comes in.
Congrats on the 2013 Grand Sport! :upthumbs

If current Corvette demographics hold true, prospective owners are gonna have a bit tougher time getting in and out of the new, "smaller" C7. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, the changes I noted are:

1. the car definitely looks smaller in the photo of the Corvette parked next to the ZL1 Camaro

2. the belt line at the doors definitely looks higher (ala Camaro) in the side view photo of the driver's door glass

So far, I'm sticking with my C6Z.

Camaro-like tail lites would be a deal killer.

The top and "A" pillars on the car in these photos are C6 pieces. As for the rest...you can't see, so maybe it's just an engineering mule...

Me too!

Lookin' better!

I just might have to buy a NEW Vette!

But it'll be a C6 - I wouldn't want to wait and be disappointed (C7).

Speaking of mixing parts.

I just pulled the engine and trans from a '95 Buick Roadmaster and stuck it in a '97 Z28 that threw a rod and needed new guts. Both cars came with LT1's and 4L60E's.

It was not a direct exchange.

Obviously, I had to switch out tailshafts on the AT's, but I found out the hard way that not only did the entire serpentine accessory bracket need to be switched to the Z28 part, but also a myriad of brackets, switches and hoses. Also, I didn't want to tear down the engine, so the one in the car now has iron heads.

On the plus side, it now runs good and the Buick cam is more torquey.

(OK, no Vettes in this post, but it's in the company of plenty Camaro talk.) :D

I agree

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom