Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 or C6 Z06 -- Which do You Pick?

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 or C6 Z06 -- Which do You Pick?

• 2014 Corvette Z51

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • C6 Z06

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Which one would you pick if you were in the market for a new Corvette? A 2014 C7 Corvette with Z51 or a C6 Z06 and why?

I love my C6 Z06, with its great looks and 470 TQ. Comparing it to the huge improvmments in the C7 Z-51 -- which, with the NPP exhaust has literally 99% of the torque of my Z06, and beats it in so many ways (my opinion), such as the interior, that I will be buying a new C7 Z-51 or, better yet if it is made, a 2015 C7 Z06/Z07 within he next year.

Tough call......I would have to go with the C7 for now I think.......mmmmm....wait, I love that 427 engine and the C6 look......the Z06 is legendary......probably the Z06......mmmmm......but the engineering on the C7 is state of the art.....I love the look of the car........but the C6 does have round taillights......wait,.........hell I don't know........:rotfl

Neither…..

The C6Z is a great car with a more limited production engine, (with a new set of aftermarket heads to circumvent the possible valve dropping issue) its sure to be a classic. It’s a real monster to drive. Having a 427 is really something special. With the C7 coming out there are bound to be more deals on these cars as current owners move to the new platform. However driving a stick is wearing thin for me, and I love to drive with the roof panel off.

The C7 seems like a major leap in new technologies and complexity for Corvettes. However unlike the C6Z, its nothing special with the exception of being the first year of a new model. I would bet that the following model years would have some quality improvements. If you went out and bought a 84, 97 or 05 Corvette you really didn’t do yourself any favors. GM was never known for hitting one out of the park on the first year of a new model. I would wait for the next model year.

I'm planning to keep my C6 427 Vert for a long time, so the C7 Z51 isn't on my wish list. Maybe later.
:w

I'm planning to keep my C6 427 Vert for a long time, so the C7 Z51 isn't on my wish list. Maybe later.
:w

I'm in complete agreement with you, Tuna. That 427 ragtop is a total keeper, no matter what else is out there. Ride on! :beer

I'm on board with Tuna and warren s.

The 427 Vert is the one to keep.

Give the C7 a few teething years for possible quality control issues, and not impossible price gouging for the new model launch. :)

I had a C6 Z, and it was a great car, but it is now old technology, having been developed in 2005. I'd expect the C7 to be an altogether better experience. From what I've read, it is.

I had a C6 Z, and it was a great car, but it is now old technology, having been developed in 2005. I'd expect the C7 to be an altogether better experience. From what I've read, it is.

That's my thinking too, but we may be the minority. The nostalgia of having a 427 motor will prevail for many. Already have a list of three folks who want to buy my Z06 next year when I get my C7.

Good poll,

IMO most of us have to include price in the equation and the stickers I've seen for the 2014 seem to fall around 66K plus many dealers will gouge the first buyers to maybe 70 ish.

I predict a NICE low mile c6z will be had around 40k within 6 or so months after the 14 starts selling. Already see some @45-48. So for me the value card will trump the new technology card.

30k is a lot of dough to me.

I've had the last year c4lt4 and last year c5z and no regrets. So probably a 2012/13 c6z black thank you.

:beer

Then there are the new model issues, we are talking GM here. They did sell the whole run of c5s from 1997 to 2004 and never fixed a LOT of problems, you all know the list.

Froggy47,

Totally agree that C6 Z06 prices will fall next year, and that is why I have told my friends who are thinking of buying mine, that I will not give a price now, that next year my price to them will be less. Am believing that mine will be worth about $3K less next summer than it was this summer.

Base '14 with Z51 + NPP and I'll be happy. After 8 years and 11 months of a flawless first year build and an engine that can soil your shorts in third gear if you're not on top of your game I'll skip the 427. Dealers are not talking a good price and I can wait if I have to for the second year and they may have an optional seat surface that will be practical for everday use. :thumb

I think I'll keep my ZR1 and 427 Convert for a while. :w

C6z/z07

I already voted by purchasing a used '11 Z07, 3LZ with carbon package, 14K miles at $65K. It looks better, performs much better (stomp a C7 Z51 anywhere), equivalent interior, with iconic motor and tail lights. We’ll see what the C7 Z07/LT4/L88 or whatever does if and when it shows up, then maybe I’ll take another look. For now, it’s a no brainer (for me). </SPAN></SPAN>

C6 z06

I love my C6 Z06 too much to give up for a 2014 Corvette but if I won the lottery I would have both. I do like both.

C6 all the way.. :)

C6 is the car I fell in love with. It's totally my dream car, and I don't see myself getting a C7 without first having my very own C6. In yellow, or possibly red.
KB

oh yeah

Neither…..

The C6Z is a great car with a more limited production engine, (with a new set of aftermarket heads to circumvent the possible valve dropping issue) its sure to be a classic. It’s a real monster to drive. Having a 427 is really something special. With the C7 coming out there are bound to be more deals on these cars as current owners move to the new platform. However driving a stick is wearing thin for me, and I love to drive with the roof panel off.

The C7 seems like a major leap in new technologies and complexity for Corvettes. However unlike the C6Z, its nothing special with the exception of being the first year of a new model. I would bet that the following model years would have some quality improvements. If you went out and bought a 84, 97 or 05 Corvette you really didn’t do yourself any favors. GM was never known for hitting one out of the park on the first year of a new model. I would wait for the next model year.

have to absolutely agree with the last 2 sentences....

I'm on board with Tuna and warren s.

The 427 Vert is the one to keep.

Give the C7 a few teething years for possible quality control issues, and not impossible price gouging for the new model launch. :)

DITTO !! and the z06 "427" w/ minor mods (cold intake, corsa exhaust, headers) is dynod @ 540hp (why look back!)..... perhaps a z06 version is upcoming for the new Stringray... (hw, the Stringray 66-69 is my all time favorite vette - almost want to buy it just because it is a "Stringray" ... but will wait). And the tail-feathers (rear) on the new Stringray is something I need to grow into... everything else A+

• :beer

DITTO !! and the z06 "427" w/ minor mods (cold intake, corsa exhaust, headers) is dynod @ 540hp (why look back!)..... perhaps a z06 version is upcoming for the new Stringray... (hw, the Stringray 66-69 is my all time favorite vette - almost want to buy it just because it is a "Stringray" ... but will wait). And the tail-feathers (rear) on the new Stringray is something I need to grow into... everything else A+

• :beer

It was "Sting Ray" from 63-67, and "Stingray" from 69-76. Just curious which generation (C2 or C3) are you talking about? :)

It was "Sting Ray" from 63-67, and "Stingray" from 69-76. Just curious which generation (C2 or C3) are you talking about? :)

I would have been happy to own either a "Sting Ray or "Stingray" ! Not so much a contest between C2 or C3.;)

I love my Z06 and very satisfied with it to date but was very glad to see GM honor the past "stingray" name with the C7. I've owned a custom 1976 (also have owned a 2003 Anniversary edition and currently red 2007 Z06 mentioned above w/ corsa exhaust, Kook headers, etc.,) but would have loved to own a 66 or 69-71. Hope that answers your question.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom