Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 Corvette Stingray Spotted in the Wild

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Here's the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray in blue, spotted in Arizona:

Attachments

• 2014-Corvette-Stingray1.jpg
    2014-Corvette-Stingray1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 542
My gut reaction to just this one photo is that it looks a a lot better on the road than it does at the auto show.

Do we know the story behind this? I thought the only two made so far were red and grey.

• Admin
My gut reaction to just this one photo is that it looks a a lot better on the road than it does at the auto show.

Do we know the story behind this? I thought the only two made so far were red and grey.
Nope. There have been several pre-production model out on the open road for a while now.

It's nice to see a photo of one undressed, and on the open road! :thumb

It will be a thrill for me, the first time I see one on the road. I hope it's Blade Silver. :cool!:

Really like the blue, picking up a new ride later this year and the 2014 is really looking like the car to get.

Here's the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray in blue, spotted in Arizona:

You know .... I love the new design, but in that shot, except for the running lights and braces on the grill, it doesn't look that much different than the C6.

front leds are commonplace... how to step it up

You know .... I love the new design, but in that shot, except for the running lights and braces on the grill, it doesn't look that much different than the C6.
front leds look similar to the Kia I saw on the road today in the superstore pkg lot BUT HEAR ME OUT!
MY SUGGESTION?
Keep the leds but make them the same orange/yellow color as the c6. they would be very unique and still carry over the corvette brand... especially to oncoming drivers and us owners.
What do you think? They still retain all the aspects of the leds but are unique to the corvette.

Yesterday (07APR13) I was riding my Triumph in the local mountains East of Sandy Eggo. It was 2pm and I was about a mile from Lake Cuyamaca restaurant when I come around a bend and there's a fleet of C7's heading my way. I didn't have enuf time to shoot some photos (altho my bike was wearing a camera facing forwards.)
Anyway, as they're approaching, the first thing I notice are the "creases" in the bonnets. Since our closure was about 100mph, I couldn't get a look at the rear of the cars. There were six C7's in a row.
2 black
2 silver
1 red
last I don't recall.

There were about 10 other GM vehicles following.

I was tempted to turn around, fire up my camera and pass each C7, one at a time. Smarter thoughts prevailed as it was twisty in some areas. So, they ARE out there.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom