Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Site Update: 2015 C7 Corvette Z06 and C7.R Press Materials, Specs, etc

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Need a few more pics. Black?

Nice car! :thumb

Yeah, kind of a weak reveal. Shame on the marketing staff for not cleaning the thing up, scuffs and all. Well, maybe they wanted it to look like it just came off the track.

You ain't seen anything yet ....

Tadge Juechter, chief engineer and vehicle line director for Corvette, says there’s more speed in the car. “The question isn’t how close we can get to the ZR1,” he says. “It’s how far we can surpass it.”
The final version will be faster. Much faster.

• Admin
First Post in this thread has been updated with a link to a gallery here with high resolution photos of the official unveiling of the Corvette C7.R Race Car...

$ Cost ?

Maybe I missed it somewhere but waiting to see cost. I want one but it may be out of my price range. Or, is this one of those things that if you have to ask what it cost you can't afford it anyway.

Maybe I missed it somewhere but waiting to see cost. I want one but it may be out of my price range. Or, is this one of those things that if you have to ask what it cost you can't afford it anyway.

A release mentioned that MSRP would be available closer to production. That could mean six months from now.

Does it seem like an early intro for a car that won't hit the streets until a year or so from now.....? It's good to see it but if you were nuts to own one that would be a long wait....

early abbouncement

I think it was necessary to get a tie-in with the C7-R that racins in just a few weeks.

oldtimah

I saw that the new Z06 has a 8 speed automatic transmission. Is the new Z06 the first high end Corvette to sport an automatic transmission?

I saw that the new Z06 has a 8 speed automatic transmission. Is the new Z06 the first high end Corvette to sport an automatic transmission?

No.

Back In 1969 you could get the ZL1 (essentially an all aluminum L88) with an automatic. Of the two ZL1's made, one (the orange one) was an automatic.

In 1971, you could get the LS6 (454ci, 425hp) with an automatic (some version of the Turbo-Hydramatic 400, I believe).

Beginning in 1988, you could order option B2K (The Callaway Twin Turbo) with an auto.

(Wow, I've been a member of this forum since Nov., 2005, and this is my first post here. I didn't realize that I had never posted.)

Last edited:
That supercharger drive belt is seriously convoluted.

Carbon fiber torque tube, that is expensive.

Looks like a serious track car.

Car looks killer IMO...sans the rear end, which still looks like what a current Trans Am rear would look like :ugh. However, that being said I would probably want one. I think the MSRP for the base car will be high $80's and the Z07 loaded out will be $115-$125K. I will be looking and test driving when they hit the showrooms next year. :thumb

What besides the brakes & a body kit is different. z06 vs z06+z07?

:)

Thanks Rob, I saw that & that's why I asked. Unless my old brain is just missing it, I don't see anything there except brakes & body dimensions. What'd I miss?

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom