Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2015 Corvette Stingray Coupe (Model 1YX07 Z51)

2010corvette

Corvette
2006 Hatchback Coupe Victory Red
Question:

Planning on the purchase of one more new Corvette in my life when GMS is released.
Should I buy RPOMEL 7-speed manual transmission or go with the new 8L90 8-Speed automatic?
All of my other Corvettes have been manual tranmissions such as RPO's 685,M21,ML9,MN6.
and MZ6.

What would be the best transmission for resale in the future
:thanks:

No good answer for that because everyone has their own preference. I was a bit nervous when I got a GS with the 6M but now I love it much. The older guys get the more they seem to move to the auto's in my opinion. Or not again depending on the individual. The overall move is away from Manual's in the industry I think. If I had to choose today on a new C7 it would be a tough choice. I do love shifting.......

Hi,
Thank You for your input/reply.
Believe in what you have said.
I'll be 68 years old when this car is ordered.
I'm still torn, but will probably go with the Tremec TR-6070 7-speed manual specially geared transmission RPOMEL.
Currently my C6 Z51 has the TR-6060 6-speed manual specially geared RPOMZ6 manual transmission.
Tremec transmissions were originally designed by Borg Warner.

If an important priority of the purchase is resale, buy the automatic.

Also, the only six-speed developed by Borg-Warner was the original T56 introduced in the 1997 Corvette. During the C5 years, Borg-Warner sold its manual trans business to Tremec. The TR6060 was based on the original T56 design, but incorporated a number of engineering upgrades, which originated with Tremec. The new TR6070, is based on the 6060 but has additional engineering upgrades, the seventh gear, for one.

Last edited:
Question:

Planning on the purchase of one more new Corvette in my life when GMS is released.
Should I buy RPOMEL 7-speed manual transmission or go with the new 8L90 8-Speed automatic?
All of my other Corvettes have been manual tranmissions such as RPO's 685,M21,ML9,MN6.
and MZ6.

What would be the best transmission for resale in the future

Best resale in the future doe have two sides to it. For the most money 10-20 years down the road probably the manual transmission, but with less potential buyers out there. For the easiest to sell quickly, the 8 speed automatic would probably have more potential buyers. Good luck with either one and enjoy it. :)

Last edited:
Being the oldest member of this forum (98) I still prefer Manual .When I get really old I'll drive automatic ,drive a Buick and play golf .:eyerole

Hi,
Lots of good information from Corvette aficionado's.
I'll stay with the RPOMEL TR6070 Tremec Manual Transmission.

You've been 98 for how many years now? :chuckle

You've been 98 for how many years now? :chuckle
I'm not sure Jane Ann use to keep me posted .God I miss her .

The ladies down at THE HOME refer to me as "stud muffin"

I'm stickin with Manual and it looks like the young fella that started this thread agrees :thumb

The ladies down at THE HOME refer to me as "stud muffin":thumb

Better get your hearing checked, Steve! I heard them say "Meadow Muffin"! ;LOL;LOL
Hope you get to Florida this winter!
Andy :w

Older Guys??????????

<<the opinion.="" my="" in="" auto?s="" the="" to="" move="" seem="" they="" more="" get="" guys="" older="">>

This "Older Guy" (67) has 3 stick Corvettes: 1967 BB 4sp, 1992 6sp, and 2000 6sp...all white interior convertibles.
...and 2014 TPW of 6/2/14 is a 7sp.

They can only pry the stick from my cold, dead hands!
Power shift here we come...
:beer</the>

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom