Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2015 front strut needed

sinestr

Corvette
2015 Red Stingray Coupe
Hi all, Took my new 2015 Stingray w/ 508 miles on the clock for an oil leak. Turns out the leak is from the driver's side front strut. The problem is, the dealer and GM have said that none are available and no ETA in sight. Where do I go from here as they have had the car now for a week. When talking to GM, I stated that with none available, I assume that production has ceased since the struts are not readily available and I'm quite sure that I'm not dealing with a 3rd world country or am I. At this point, I don't know where to go with my issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all, Took my new 2015 Stingray w/ 508 miles on the clock for an oil leak. Turns out the leak is from the driver's side front strut. The problem is, the dealer and GM have said that none are available and no ETA in sight. Where do I go from here as they have had the car now for a week. When talking to GM, I stated that with none available, I assume that production has ceased since the struts are not readily available and I'm quite sure that I'm not dealing with a 3rd world country or am I. At this point, I don't know where to go with my issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Contact GM customer service (the number should be in your owners manual) and let them know your issue, maybe they can expedite the part release. You should be able to drive the vehicle until the part comes in unless your dealer says that it is unsafe. Good luck with it. :)

The struts aren't made in a third world country, but the supplier has had production volume and other problems on and off for a couple years. They are OEM for a lot of Detroit iron, and just haven't gotten their act together. I know who can probably provide them, but not under warranty. If customer service can't help you, and they won't give you an e.t.a, tell them to start the lemon law clock. That will provide some encouragement for them.

The struts aren't made in a third world country, (snip).

Well...actually...if the car has Magnaride, the shocks are made in either Mexico or Poland.

If the car has base shocks, I'm not sure where they are made.

Sent a message to Chevy Customer Service, hopefully they will pop in here and help you out.

2015 Front Strut

Tell the dealer to take one off a Corvette that hasn't been bought yet.
That's what I tell them when they say stupid shit like that. Believe me, GM will get the part for a car that is "waiting" to
be sold. I worked there for 38 years. Never failed.

tjparrelly- Online

Join Date Jun 2009
Location Westland, Michigan
Posts 1

Great first post..6 yrs in the making:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom