Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! 2016 Corvette Z07 Caught Testing?

What do you think it is?

• L88

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Z06

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • Z07

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • ZR1

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Car and Driver magazine has acquired exclusive photos of what they claim is the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z07 out testing.

In reading through the article, there are no facts revealed, but rather a whole lot of conjecture on Car and Driver's part.

Could it be a "Z07"? Maybe a Z06 or even a ZR1. Who knows.

In any case, head on over to Car and Driver, take a look at the photos, read through Car and Driver's assumptions (after all, wild speculation combined with spy photos helps with magazine sales...), and tell us what you think.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-chevrolet-corvette-z07-spy-photo-photo.jpg
    2016-chevrolet-corvette-z07-spy-photo-photo.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,526
Why would it have to be a 2016 Vette...?

I don't see why a 2016 would already be at this advanced stage of testing when the 2014 is a new generation. More likely it's a late 2014 Z06 or a 2015... (?) JMHO...! ;shrug

This is Crazy

What is the point of speculating now. It would just be a guess for anybody at this point. I didn't even bother to vote. ;shrug

At Carlisle this past weekend I was told (can't reveal by whom) to look for the Z06 in 2015 with a hair over 600 hp. and the ZR1 in 2016 with close to 700 or slightly above. Could be either of those.

At Carlisle this past weekend I was told (can't reveal by whom) to look for the Z06 in 2015 with a hair over 600 hp. and the ZR1 in 2016 with close to 700 or slightly above. Could be either of those.

"Could be" don't get us anywhere. Like I said earlier, this is all Crazy. :W

Ummmmmm

Could be any of a bunch of things, but definitely NOT a 427 ! And very un-Vettish wheels.

I just cannot see enough to make a good call.....<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Agree that there isn't enough to go on but it is fun to speculate.
My guess is based on the camo on the car and that the rear appears to be a bit wider my guess is the rear quarter windows become smaller or are eliminated entirely and scoops - smaller but similar to what Shelby did to the Mustang in 67 68. The scoops would aid better cooling for the trans and diff and the vents currently on top of rear quarter C7 panels would be eliminated. The scoops or vents would add a more aggressive look to the car. The other consideration is this is a shot of a car testing a changed rear end for the C7.R (yeah I saw the shots at Monterey but a wider rear with which would provide better cooling and possibly better down force may be in the works), especially in light of the wider quarter panels which appear to extend to the roof as well.
As you can probably tell my imagination is out of control ;shrug but it's fun to speculate. Just MHO.

Looks like it has side skirts - which would help against road rash. :w

Agreed....

I don't see why a 2016 would already be at this advanced stage of testing when the 2014 is a new generation. More likely it's a late 2014 Z06 or a 2015... (?) JMHO...! ;shrug

I think you are seeing a 2015 that will be launched next summer. Someone told me to wait until the 2015 M/Y, just for this reason.

I think we're looking at the the first of possibly two C7 "Z-model" cars.

It'll be a 2015 and it will have a 625-650-hp class, supercharged, DGI, 6.2 for power.

I personally can't discern anything more from that blurry, low resolution photo than it's a C7-based vehicle. And I think Elvis is driving it... ;)

Vote early and often

There should have been a fifth choice.... "Don't know".

BAH....Humbug!!!

Car and Driver magazine has acquired exclusive photos of what they claim is the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z07 out testing.

In reading through the article, there are no facts revealed, but rather a whole lot of conjecture on Car and Driver's part.

Could it be a "Z07"? Maybe a Z06 or even a ZR1. Who knows.

In any case, head on over to Car and Driver, take a look at the photos, read through Car and Driver's assumptions (after all, wild speculation combined with spy photos helps with magazine sales...), and tell us what you think.

attachment.php

A.) There is not enough here to make even an educated ASS-umption as to what variation of Corvette this might be.
B.) 2016....I seriously doubt....but, possibly a 2015.
C.) Very "GAY" wheels. AND.....
D.) I have ALWAYS considered Car & Driver to be a BS rag, such in the same light as the National Inquirer.
That is all I have to say on the matter.

Really?? They were ALL extremely close-mouthed and couldn't/wouldn't divulge ANYTHING about anything other than the current C7 models. And, of course, I am sure they were sworn to secrecy...who knows, maybe jobs on the line??

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom