Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2017 Grand Sport Engine Ping, Chirp

SteveP1956

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport
Hi, I'm new to forum and hope someone can help with this, it's driving me nuts! Dealer has said it's normal engine noise, Direct Injector noise, oil gurgle... I don't think this high pitched ping, squeal, chirp or ticking sound is normal.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SAG2tmV90Qg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for any feed back.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.:w

I'm going to move your thread into the C7 Tech forum for greater exposure...

All I heard on that video was normal DI injector noise. They are loud, which is why manufacturers put insulation over the injectors to try and limit the noise.

All I heard on that video was normal DI injector noise. They are loud, which is why manufacturers put insulation over the injectors to try and limit the noise.

Hi, thanks! So the metallic high pitched noise at about the 50 second mark are the DI's?

In playing that video, I don't hear anything unusual, but then, your ears might be better than your smartphone's mic. Most phones don't record sound very well. Plus, the recording never dwelled at any one location for very long.

Finally, if you wanted a really quiet engine, ie: no valve noise, no injector noise, etc., another brand of car is probably a better choice, such as Cadillac, Lexus, MB and so forth.

Hi, thanks! So the metallic high pitched noise at about the 50 second mark are the DI's?

That's what it sounded like to me over the internet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom