Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

25th Anniversary ?

J

jrc316

Hello, i am currently looking at buying a C3 and i came across a car today that has me puzzled.. It is a 78 car, it is Yellow, has the Alloys ,and has no spoilers or dams... However the chrome on the car says its a 25th anniversary edition...Whats up?? I thought the anniversary editions all were silver or two tone WITH spoilers front and Rear..

did they make them this way, yellow and with no spoilers, or has the spoiler been removed or just maybe someone stuck the chrome on a regular 78 ..? any help would be appreciated as i want to buy a car that is correct to keep it as original as possible... Thanks Russ

ALL '78 are 25th Anniv cars as '78 was the 25th year of the corvette.

the special silver ones are the 25th Anniversary Edition model (RPO B2Z $399) with the two tone silver anniversary paint scheme. It was Silver Metallic on top and Charcoal Silver on the bottom. They made 15,283 cars with this option.

Barry is correct, although technically the B2Z option was called Silver Anniversary Paint and cost $399.00 in the U.S. at the time. The Silver Anniversary paint sheme was just another option. All '78 Corvettes are 25th Anniversary cars and carry that emblem.

Further, all Corvettes were the 1YZ37 model, except for the 6,502 Limited Edition Pace Cars which were 1YZ87/78. Those had the front and rear spoiler, silver interior with new seat design, and the black over silver paint scheme, among other things.

1YZ37 - Base Coupe - $9,351.89 (plus options) - 40,274

1YZ87/78 - Limited Edition Pace Car - $13,653.21 (plus options) - 6,502

here's a self-serving plug for myself..........

if you are interested in a '78, i've got one for sale with only 9,840 original miles. :)

thanks for the replys, the car in question is very good looking with the exception of the dash, someone put the bubble tail lights on it, which as far as i am concerned will come off.. Also i MAY put the rear spoiler on it as i think it looks good. I have noticed that most all 79 cars have the rear spoiler, and only some 78s do...But i do want to keep it to only original GM options if i get it.. Russ

The only 78s that came factory equipted with the spoilers were the Pace Cars. Only about 6800 of 53,000 79s had them installed at the factory. My opinion...leave em off! (2 of mine have em, I think they ruin the nice lines of the Vette!) Mike
blackrr.jpg
whiterr.jpg

The only 78s that came factory equipted with the spoilers were the Pace Cars. Only about 6800 of 53,000 79s had them installed at the factory. My opinion...leave em off! (2 of mine have em, I think they ruin the nice lines of the Vette!) Mike

Like 78s and 79s?
RIGHT ON!
personally, I like the fins more... kinda kill the lines, but make the car look more agressive.
79 L82
186_7.jpg

186_2.jpg

zachh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom