Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

3 Questions

Michael Cohen

Corvette
2010 Callaway Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
I recently purchased a base model 2015 Corvette (not a Z51) with automatic transmission. i am thinking of tracking the car and have 3 questions:

1. At present under hard acceleration at low speeds in Sport mode, the car loses traction and the rear end slides. By putting it in Track mode, will I get more or less traction under similar circumstances?

2. Do I have Launch Control?

3.Is my car equipped with the lap timer?

Thank you,
Michael

I would not suggest using a base C7 for track activities. It lacks the engine and transmission cooling system capability, lacks the right tires and lacks the proper suspesnion, however, if you persist, keep in mind that unless you are tracking in cool or cold weather, the amount of laps you can run will be limited by cooling so watch engine coolent temp. and trans temp. When they get too high, back-off, take a cool off lap then come in and park the car for a while with the hool open.

When tracking you'll find the car limited by tires and suspension...watch for understeer.

As to your questions.
1. In Sport, TCS and SES may allow modest wheel spin before interveening. In Track more wheel spin may be allowed depending on which track mode you are in

For 2 and 3, read your Owner's Manual.

Hib,
Thank you very much for your response. I think I will heed your advise and not track it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom