Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

36 Corvettes abandoned in Brooklyn Basement

Interesting. Would have been nice to have more pictures and details for each of the cars.

I'm sure they'll end up in someone's hands only to be resold for more money.

Doug

WoW!!! That would be a site to see. I would volunteer my time to go in and clean them by hand if I could. 1953 all the way through 1989. If he ever had a chance to paint them, they might be worth money, but only to a collector of both the Corvette and his art work. So whats next?

Damp basement + sitting on concrete = frame rot :eyerole

36 vetts

they are from a contest in 1990 fellow won 1 car from each year.

36 Vetts

Key ring for cars weighed 5 lbs.article in 1990 march Corvette Fever. was offered 1and half million at first.14 verts.25 automatics buyer from New York area, well known.cars look all mint,when won in contest.VH1 contest.

Winner must have some $$ because he/she would have had to pay taxes on that win. Assume value = $500k - what would you have to pony up for taxes?? $150K?

So who says they dont belive in barn stories,

I am sure over the years more and more collections will come to market

I remember that contest; wasn't there originally forty cars? Must have kept one of 'em at least. :L

Ken said:
I remember that contest; wasn't there originally forty cars? Must have kept one of 'em at least. :L

Does anybody know of a complete listing of the cars won? Options, engines, years, etc.?

36 vetts

he was selling all of them ,over 50,000 a year just for insurance.and then storage costs.he was going to buy a new ZR1.no mention of models or motors,most likley all run of mill cars to put collection together.est value at time was 1 million.other option was he could have 250,000 and a 89 vett. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom