Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

38 yr old Seats

SR'71

Corvette
1971 Vert 454 4 speed sidepipes
I need to re-cushion these seats. I think 38 yrs is the limit. Even swapped they need to be re-stuffed. Any suggestions on where to re-furnish these seats?

All the vette venders have foam, covers ect..but be ready to shell out some $$. Have you thought about seats from a newer year vette?

A few Corvette vendors have sales at this time of year to re-do interiors, shop around, but as stated already it's not cheap. With these vendor replacement interiors, they are fairly simple to do yourself with excellent results. I have re-done the interior on both my Vettes and found it easy without the need for any special tools.
Good Luck

Corvette america has a deal right now that if you buy new covers and foam, they will redo them free if you ship off the frames.
I did mine through willcox (who went through CA and they came out amazing!!!)

I sent mine to Corvette America on that same deal 2 years ago. They did a fantastic job!

Al Knock does them to spec if your into originality. About $600 for foam and covers.

US$ 600 for covers AND foam ? That sounds like a pretty good deal; I'v ebeen pricing today and and it everyone seems to be right around US$ 600 for just the covers; although I am talking about leather covers.

If that Corvette America deal is still on I might just have to stimulate the economy some and take them up on that!

Bernie O.

Last year I took my new skins and foam to the local marine upholsterer. Most marine upholsterers work with leather, vinyl and cloth. With boats they see it all. He did an awesome job and saved me all the aggravation for only $175 for both seats and even repainted the seat tracks. I wish I would have let him put my carpet in as well. I live in a town near the 1000 Islands. It seems like more boat fanatics than car fanactics here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom