Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 3LZ Leather dash coming unglued

Chief4

Corvette
2016 corvette Z06, Arctic white
My 2016 Z06 3LZ leather on dash is coming unglued from left to right. Also my B toB wty has expired and to replace the dash it $5050.00. I have asked GM for Assistance on replacing the dash. Action pending from GM. Has anybody had this problem?

My 96 had that too. I put some kind of glue in there using sticks and held it down until dry, 5 min..
I figured the sun baked it dry while parked outside, so i got in the habit of putting sun shades in, making sure to cover the whole area.

I’ve used contact cement, you have to put a film of glue on both sides then wait for it to dry then put it back down. BEFORE you do this try it with a couple pieces of cardboard or wood in order to see why they call it contact cement once you touch them together that's where the pieces stay.

My 2016 Z06 3LZ leather on dash is coming unglued from left to right. Also my B toB wty has expired and to replace the dash it $5050.00. I have asked GM for Assistance on replacing the dash. Action pending from GM. Has anybody had this problem?
My 2014 3LT has come apart. Black part close to glass is totally ruined. The kalahari material is bubbling up around speedo. GM SAYS 3800 to replace, no satisfaction on claim I put in to GM.

It's a common problem on the 4LT C6s. A friend of mine had his fixed at a local upholstery shop. Had to remove the windshield so they could get to it, It was easier to do it that way, compared to removing the dash.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom