Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

3rd time just as good as the first

VERY pretty car. A former coworker of mine had one just like it way back when.
Welcome back to the world of vettes, and welcome to the CAC.

-John

toms94 -
I'm located in Olathe, east central part of the state, not too far from Missouri border.
The vette I recently purchased has a few issues and I'm trying to address them, but not sure I'll be ready for a road trip by summer.
Thanks for the reminder.:w

I have 2 daughters that live in the KC area, I get up there quite often (this coming week as a matter of fact). Glad to have you along.

VERY pretty car. A former coworker of mine had one just like it way back when.
Welcome back to the world of vettes, and welcome to the CAC.

-John

Thanks John for the compliment.
I see in your bio that you deal with semi conductors. A long time ago I worked for Texas Instruments in Stafford, Texas, in what we called the 'bar prep' area, where we would laser the wafers with the chips on them, break the wafers into the individual chips, them mount them in carriers which we then sent to the QA inspection group. The wafer breaking process at that time was about the most crude part of the process - we used what looked like a dough rolling pin.

Thanks John for the compliment.
I see in your bio that you deal with semi conductors. A long time ago I worked for Texas Instruments in Stafford, Texas, in what we called the 'bar prep' area, where we would laser the wafers with the chips on them, break the wafers into the individual chips, them mount them in carriers which we then sent to the QA inspection group. The wafer breaking process at that time was about the most crude part of the process - we used what looked like a dough rolling pin.

I guess I better change my bio, as I was laid off from one of the major high tech companies late last year. We used to "saw" the wafers, remove the die that were to be assembled, and put the rest into die packs for future builds - or put the entire wafer (after saw) on film frames.

We had fuses that were fabricated on each chip which enabled us to have wafer and die ID's. We'd have probe/sort data, as well as the data from each test during the final test process (T1, T2, QA). If a device was returned from the field, we had data for the entire history of that device in our databases. It helped when trying to find out why the part failed in the field.

Very nice-looking C4! Welcome to the CAC and maybe we'll see you in Colorado Springs in June...

Barbie - thanks for the welcome and compliment.
My experience so far at CAC, although I have not been a member very long, is that the folks here really are friendly and do in fact make you feel at 'home'.
Seems like the various forums all have IMO a 'personality' of their own, but CAC is the one that clicked with me and really stood out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom